Dr. Tamás Aján, President of the IWF paid a short visit to Baku, capital of the Republic of Azerbaijan. During his stay, he met Mr. Azad Rahimov, Minister for Youth and Sport, Mr. Vagut Nazarov, Vice President and Mr. Ismail Ismailov, General Secretary of the Weightlifting Federation, as well as the leaders of the Olympic Committee of Azerbaijan. On their agenda were items of weightlifting and sport in general. The Azeri sports leaders reconfirmed their strong interest in hosting Senior Weightlifting World Championships in their country, but the possibility of another type of worldwide event was not excluded, either. The possible dates and the exact nature of such an event will be agreed later.
Actual news More news »
- Chang Chao-Kuo elected President of Rep. of China Sports Federation December 10, 2013
- Weightlifting ready to go at SEA Games December 9, 2013
- Guliyev’s victory closes Baku Cup December 7, 2013
- Azeris retain Grand Prix at home on opening day of Baku Cup December 6, 2013
- President discusses 2015 European Games in Azerbaijan December 5, 2013