Dr. Tamás Aján, President of the IWF paid a short visit to Baku, capital of the Republic of Azerbaijan. During his stay, he met Mr. Azad Rahimov, Minister for Youth and Sport, Mr. Vagut Nazarov, Vice President and Mr. Ismail Ismailov, General Secretary of the Weightlifting Federation, as well as the leaders of the Olympic Committee of Azerbaijan. On their agenda were items of weightlifting and sport in general. The Azeri sports leaders reconfirmed their strong interest in hosting Senior Weightlifting World Championships in their country, but the possibility of another type of worldwide event was not excluded, either. The possible dates and the exact nature of such an event will be agreed later.
Actual news More news »
- Happy Birthday to Naim Süleymanoglu! January 23, 2017
- Update on Reanalysis January 23, 2017
- Dr. Kyle Pierce voted Ghana’s Sports Coach of the Year January 20, 2017
- Additional women category discussed with the IOC January 19, 2017
- South American Weightlifting Confederation Magazine Launched January 19, 2017