Dr. Tamás Aján, President of the IWF paid a short visit to Baku, capital of the Republic of Azerbaijan. During his stay, he met Mr. Azad Rahimov, Minister for Youth and Sport, Mr. Vagut Nazarov, Vice President and Mr. Ismail Ismailov, General Secretary of the Weightlifting Federation, as well as the leaders of the Olympic Committee of Azerbaijan. On their agenda were items of weightlifting and sport in general. The Azeri sports leaders reconfirmed their strong interest in hosting Senior Weightlifting World Championships in their country, but the possibility of another type of worldwide event was not excluded, either. The possible dates and the exact nature of such an event will be agreed later.
Actual news More news »
- Argentinean Weightlifting Federation Seminars April 20, 2018
- Independent Clean Sport Commission notes IWF progress in implementing anti-doping recommendations April 19, 2018
- XVI Spanish Cup April 17, 2018
- New IWF Anti-Doping Policy comes into force April 16, 2018
- David Liti recieved award for outstanding sporting spirit at Gold Coast 2018 April 16, 2018