Dr. Tamás Aján, President of the IWF paid a short visit to Baku, capital of the Republic of Azerbaijan. During his stay, he met Mr. Azad Rahimov, Minister for Youth and Sport, Mr. Vagut Nazarov, Vice President and Mr. Ismail Ismailov, General Secretary of the Weightlifting Federation, as well as the leaders of the Olympic Committee of Azerbaijan. On their agenda were items of weightlifting and sport in general. The Azeri sports leaders reconfirmed their strong interest in hosting Senior Weightlifting World Championships in their country, but the possibility of another type of worldwide event was not excluded, either. The possible dates and the exact nature of such an event will be agreed later.
Actual news More news »
- Switzerland upgrades coaching by Seminars December 2, 2016
- Tokyo Governor Yuriko Koike accepted IOC President’s proposal to review 2020 costs December 1, 2016
- IWF DP Seminars in Chile December 1, 2016
- IWF President pays visit to Albania November 30, 2016
- 2014-2015: 21per cent more positive samples in world sports November 30, 2016