Dr. Tamás Aján, President of the IWF paid a short visit to Baku, capital of the Republic of Azerbaijan. During his stay, he met Mr. Azad Rahimov, Minister for Youth and Sport, Mr. Vagut Nazarov, Vice President and Mr. Ismail Ismailov, General Secretary of the Weightlifting Federation, as well as the leaders of the Olympic Committee of Azerbaijan. On their agenda were items of weightlifting and sport in general. The Azeri sports leaders reconfirmed their strong interest in hosting Senior Weightlifting World Championships in their country, but the possibility of another type of worldwide event was not excluded, either. The possible dates and the exact nature of such an event will be agreed later.
Actual news More news »
- Weightlifting debut at AIMAG successfully concluded September 25, 2017
- IWF Vice President paid a visit to Budapest September 21, 2017
- Accreditation System open for 2018 FISU World University Championships in Poland September 21, 2017
- EWF Training Camp and Seminar in 2017 Berlin Olympic Training Centre September 21, 2017
- 7 DAYS – 2017 IWF World Championship Preliminary Deadline September 20, 2017