?The IWF has assessed the organisation of the Asian Games in Qatar, in particular the weightlifting competitions, and concludes that it was a prime event of a very high standard,? says Dr. Tamás Aján, President of the IWF, following his return from Doha. ?We also appreciate the professional activity of the Technical Officials ? a great ?Thank You? to them. A record number of 35 participating nations and seven new world records are indicative that Asia is supreme in our sport: in fact the Asian continent is the strongest one overall. We are very sorry about the four positive results, while it must be noted that an unprecedented 50% (!) of the 173 participating weightlifters were tested in the IWF-DAGOC controls.?
Actual news More news »
- Sensational Lovchev takes Rezazadeh’s world records on a great night for Russia November 29, 2015
- Rim defies doctors and pain to take silver in dramatic women’s 75kg November 28, 2015
- Straltsou sees off Kazakhstan pair, and Xiang runs to a clean sweep November 27, 2015
- Okulov leads way for Russia, and Deng wins again November 26, 2015
- Six different medallists and a big surprise in men’s 77kg November 25, 2015