?The IWF has assessed the organisation of the Asian Games in Qatar, in particular the weightlifting competitions, and concludes that it was a prime event of a very high standard,? says Dr. Tamás Aján, President of the IWF, following his return from Doha. ?We also appreciate the professional activity of the Technical Officials ? a great ?Thank You? to them. A record number of 35 participating nations and seven new world records are indicative that Asia is supreme in our sport: in fact the Asian continent is the strongest one overall. We are very sorry about the four positive results, while it must be noted that an unprecedented 50% (!) of the 173 participating weightlifters were tested in the IWF-DAGOC controls.?
Actual news More news »
- Tommy Kono would be 87 today June 27, 2017
- South American Weightlifting Confederation Magazine is out June 27, 2017
- Poland to host compact World University Championships in 2018 June 26, 2017
- Be a Real Champion and Lift CLEAN! and Jerk – Olympians at the IWF- JADA Anti-Doping Outreach June 24, 2017
- MARTIROSYAN Simon (ARM) won the last competition in Tokyo June 23, 2017