?The IWF has assessed the organisation of the Asian Games in Qatar, in particular the weightlifting competitions, and concludes that it was a prime event of a very high standard,? says Dr. Tamás Aján, President of the IWF, following his return from Doha. ?We also appreciate the professional activity of the Technical Officials ? a great ?Thank You? to them. A record number of 35 participating nations and seven new world records are indicative that Asia is supreme in our sport: in fact the Asian continent is the strongest one overall. We are very sorry about the four positive results, while it must be noted that an unprecedented 50% (!) of the 173 participating weightlifters were tested in the IWF-DAGOC controls.?
Actual news More news »
- South American gold medals October 24, 2016
- LOPEZ LOPEZ Yeison (COL) made it again! October 24, 2016
- CUMMINGS JR Clarence (USA) improved his own Youth World Record October 22, 2016
- M56kg and W53kg – Both Golds are for China October 22, 2016
- AL-HABSI Ahmed Salim Said won the first medal for Oman October 20, 2016