?The IWF has assessed the organisation of the Asian Games in Qatar, in particular the weightlifting competitions, and concludes that it was a prime event of a very high standard,? says Dr. Tamás Aján, President of the IWF, following his return from Doha. ?We also appreciate the professional activity of the Technical Officials ? a great ?Thank You? to them. A record number of 35 participating nations and seven new world records are indicative that Asia is supreme in our sport: in fact the Asian continent is the strongest one overall. We are very sorry about the four positive results, while it must be noted that an unprecedented 50% (!) of the 173 participating weightlifters were tested in the IWF-DAGOC controls.?
Actual news More news »
- Oceania Stars to Battle for Glory at Australian Open February 22, 2018
- WORLD WEIGHTLIFTING’s latest issue is out! February 19, 2018
- Yasmin Zammit Stevens named Malta’s Sportswoman of the year February 19, 2018
- IWF oversees anti-doping education seminars in suspended Member Federations February 16, 2018
- OWF Elite Training Camp February 14, 2018