The IOC Executive Board met in Beijing and has approved unanimously to propose the creation of Youth Olympic Games (YOG) to the Session in Guatemala City in July. This project will allow the IOC to offer young people an event with competitions adapted to their age and development. The YOG will comprise a strong educational and cultural component. This will be a powerful initiative to expose young people to the Olympic values of excellence, friendship and respect, and it will be an opportunity to inform them about threats such as doping, violence and over-commercialisation of sport. The first edition of the Youth Olympic Games would be tentatively set for 2010. In his earlier conversation with IWF President Dr. Tamas Ajan, the IOC President had said "Weightlifting must be on the program" of the Games.
Actual news More news »
- IWF Vice President paid a visit to Budapest September 21, 2017
- Accreditation System open for 2018 FISU World University Championships in Poland September 21, 2017
- EWF Training Camp and Seminar in 2017 Berlin Olympic Training Centre September 21, 2017
- 7 DAYS – 2017 IWF World Championship Preliminary Deadline September 20, 2017
- WFA Coaching Training Education Course in Cairo, EGYPT September 20, 2017