The IOC Executive Board met in Beijing and has approved unanimously to propose the creation of Youth Olympic Games (YOG) to the Session in Guatemala City in July. This project will allow the IOC to offer young people an event with competitions adapted to their age and development. The YOG will comprise a strong educational and cultural component. This will be a powerful initiative to expose young people to the Olympic values of excellence, friendship and respect, and it will be an opportunity to inform them about threats such as doping, violence and over-commercialisation of sport. The first edition of the Youth Olympic Games would be tentatively set for 2010. In his earlier conversation with IWF President Dr. Tamas Ajan, the IOC President had said "Weightlifting must be on the program" of the Games.
Actual news More news »
- Dato Ong Poh Eng elected as VP of Olympic Council of Malaysia August 26, 2015
- Rebekah Tiler named as flag bearer for Team England at Commonwealth Youth Games August 26, 2015
- IOC releases Anti-Doping Rules for Rio de Janeiro 2016 August 25, 2015
- Passing away of Mr. Eddie Suarez August 20, 2015
- Weightlifting might reverse bone loss in men August 19, 2015