The IOC Executive Board met in Beijing and has approved unanimously to propose the creation of Youth Olympic Games (YOG) to the Session in Guatemala City in July. This project will allow the IOC to offer young people an event with competitions adapted to their age and development. The YOG will comprise a strong educational and cultural component. This will be a powerful initiative to expose young people to the Olympic values of excellence, friendship and respect, and it will be an opportunity to inform them about threats such as doping, violence and over-commercialisation of sport. The first edition of the Youth Olympic Games would be tentatively set for 2010. In his earlier conversation with IWF President Dr. Tamas Ajan, the IOC President had said "Weightlifting must be on the program" of the Games.
Actual news More news »
- Dr. Aján receives Honour Order of President of Moldova Republic July 25, 2015
- Tokyo 2020 Unveils the Emblems of the 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games July 24, 2015
- OWF Newsletter: Weightlifting – a success in Port Moresby July 24, 2015
- Buenos Aires 2018 launches official emblem July 24, 2015
- Pan Am Games weightlifting ended in Toronto July 16, 2015