The IOC Executive Board met in Beijing and has approved unanimously to propose the creation of Youth Olympic Games (YOG) to the Session in Guatemala City in July. This project will allow the IOC to offer young people an event with competitions adapted to their age and development. The YOG will comprise a strong educational and cultural component. This will be a powerful initiative to expose young people to the Olympic values of excellence, friendship and respect, and it will be an opportunity to inform them about threats such as doping, violence and over-commercialisation of sport. The first edition of the Youth Olympic Games would be tentatively set for 2010. In his earlier conversation with IWF President Dr. Tamas Ajan, the IOC President had said "Weightlifting must be on the program" of the Games.
Actual news More news »
- New AWF Headquarters in Bangkok April 26, 2018
- The IWF and the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport Announce Collaboration to Combat Doping April 25, 2018
- AWF Executive Board Meeting and Congress April 23, 2018
- How Mirabai chose weightlifting over archery April 23, 2018
- Iranian female team to participate at the Asian Youth Championships April 23, 2018