The IOC Executive Board met in Beijing and has approved unanimously to propose the creation of Youth Olympic Games (YOG) to the Session in Guatemala City in July. This project will allow the IOC to offer young people an event with competitions adapted to their age and development. The YOG will comprise a strong educational and cultural component. This will be a powerful initiative to expose young people to the Olympic values of excellence, friendship and respect, and it will be an opportunity to inform them about threats such as doping, violence and over-commercialisation of sport. The first edition of the Youth Olympic Games would be tentatively set for 2010. In his earlier conversation with IWF President Dr. Tamas Ajan, the IOC President had said "Weightlifting must be on the program" of the Games.
Actual news More news »
- Tbilisi to host 2016 IWF Junior World Championships November 30, 2015
- Important Note on Qualification Status November 29, 2015
- Sensational Lovchev takes Rezazadeh’s world records on a great night for Russia November 29, 2015
- Rim defies doctors and pain to take silver in dramatic women’s 75kg November 28, 2015
- Straltsou sees off Kazakhstan pair, and Xiang runs to a clean sweep November 27, 2015