The IOC Executive Board met in Beijing and has approved unanimously to propose the creation of Youth Olympic Games (YOG) to the Session in Guatemala City in July. This project will allow the IOC to offer young people an event with competitions adapted to their age and development. The YOG will comprise a strong educational and cultural component. This will be a powerful initiative to expose young people to the Olympic values of excellence, friendship and respect, and it will be an opportunity to inform them about threats such as doping, violence and over-commercialisation of sport. The first edition of the Youth Olympic Games would be tentatively set for 2010. In his earlier conversation with IWF President Dr. Tamas Ajan, the IOC President had said "Weightlifting must be on the program" of the Games.
Actual news More news »
- Mohammed Jaloud elected as IWF General Secretary May 29, 2017
- Dr. Tamas Ajan re-elected as IWF President May 29, 2017
- New IWF Anti-Doping Policy effective with 15 June May 27, 2017
- Entry List for the 2017 IWF JWC Tokyo is up May 27, 2017
- IWF AND LAGARDÈRE SPORTS ANNOUNCE NEW MULTIYEAR MEDIA RELATIONSHIP May 25, 2017