Australian Matthew Curtain was appointed as as the Weightlifting Competition Manager for the 2012 LondonOlympic Games. Having been involved in weightlifting over more than twenty years, Matthew Curtain is a well experienced and knowledgeable sport administrator, having served previously as Weightlifting Competition Manager for the XVIII commonwealth Games, Melbourne 2006.He is the current Assistant General Secretary of both the Oceania and Commonwealth Weightlifting Federations. He is the CEO of Australian Weightlifting Federation and will keep his job until being called to join LOCOG. The IWF congratulates Mr.Curtain and will give him all support to make the London Games weightlifting competitions a big success.
Actual news More news »
- 6 strong candidates for the 2018 IWF World Championships September 30, 2015
- Last competition day crowned 2 Chinese champions September 23, 2015
- First World Record attempt by LIAO Hui at the Grand Prix September 22, 2015
- First medals and Prize Money given out in Fuzhou September 21, 2015
- START BOOK published for the 2015 IWF Grand Prix September 20, 2015