Australian Matthew Curtain was appointed as as the Weightlifting Competition Manager for the 2012 LondonOlympic Games. Having been involved in weightlifting over more than twenty years, Matthew Curtain is a well experienced and knowledgeable sport administrator, having served previously as Weightlifting Competition Manager for the XVIII commonwealth Games, Melbourne 2006.He is the current Assistant General Secretary of both the Oceania and Commonwealth Weightlifting Federations. He is the CEO of Australian Weightlifting Federation and will keep his job until being called to join LOCOG. The IWF congratulates Mr.Curtain and will give him all support to make the London Games weightlifting competitions a big success.
Actual news More news »
- Rio 2016: Lasha TALAKHADZE (GEO) M+105kg became Olympic Champion exactly 1 year ago! August 16, 2017
- Rio 2016: Ruslan NURUDINOV (UZB) M105kg became Olympic Champion exactly 1 year ago! August 15, 2017
- Rio 2016: Suping MENG (CHN) W+75kg became Olympic Champion exactly 1 year ago! August 14, 2017
- Students from 52 nations to compete in weightlifting at the 2017 Taipei Universiade August 13, 2017
- Rio 2016: Sohrab MORADI (IRI) M94kg became Olympic Champion exactly 1 year ago! August 13, 2017