Bulgarian Milen Dobrev will be unable to defend his title at Beijing Olympics after failing to recover from a waist injury,
the Bulgarian Weightlifting Federation said on Wednesday.The 27-year-old Dobrev won gold four years ago in the 94-kg category at the Athens Games."He's still suffering from the injury and it will prevent him from achieving his full potential in Beijing,"
Federation General Secretary Tenyo Tenev told reporters."That's why we decided that it'll be better not to force him," he said.
"He will resume his preparations for next year's European and world championship after recovering from the injury."
Actual news More news »
- Olympic weightlifter auctions his gold medal for Iran quake victims November 21, 2017
- Electoral Congress SVK November 21, 2017
- WFA Sports Management Course November 21, 2017
- IWF AND REDTORCH PARTNER TO GROW WEIGHTLIFTING AUDIENCES AROUND THE WORLD November 20, 2017
- Farewell to Naim Suleymanoglu November 20, 2017