Bulgarian Milen Dobrev will be unable to defend his title at Beijing Olympics after failing to recover from a waist injury,
the Bulgarian Weightlifting Federation said on Wednesday.The 27-year-old Dobrev won gold four years ago in the 94-kg category at the Athens Games."He's still suffering from the injury and it will prevent him from achieving his full potential in Beijing,"
Federation General Secretary Tenyo Tenev told reporters."That's why we decided that it'll be better not to force him," he said.
"He will resume his preparations for next year's European and world championship after recovering from the injury."
Actual news More news »
- Entry List for the 2017 IWF YWC Bangkok is up March 23, 2017
- Fiji Sports Awards March 22, 2017
- 2017 WADA Annual Symposium: Play True „What do you play for?” March 20, 2017
- Libyan Weightlifting Federation Elections March 20, 2017
- President of Ghana Weightlifting Federation heads Ghana Olympic Committee March 20, 2017