Bulgarian Milen Dobrev will be unable to defend his title at Beijing Olympics after failing to recover from a waist injury,
the Bulgarian Weightlifting Federation said on Wednesday.The 27-year-old Dobrev won gold four years ago in the 94-kg category at the Athens Games."He's still suffering from the injury and it will prevent him from achieving his full potential in Beijing,"
Federation General Secretary Tenyo Tenev told reporters."That's why we decided that it'll be better not to force him," he said.
"He will resume his preparations for next year's European and world championship after recovering from the injury."
Actual news More news »
- Czech Federation President visited the IWF September 12, 2014
- Second Technical Visit in Almaty September 12, 2014
- World Masters Championships big in Copenhagen September 11, 2014
- 4th Russian Federation President’s Cup concluded in Noyabrsk, Russia September 7, 2014
- New Guidelines and Documents September 6, 2014
Calendar Sep. 2014
Events behind us
2014 Commonwealth Games, Glasgow, GBR
IWF Junior World Championships, Kazan, RUS
Oceania Youth (YOG Qualification), Junior, Senior Championships, Mont Dore, NCL
Pan-American Youth Championships (YOG Qualification), LIMA, PER