Bulgarian Milen Dobrev will be unable to defend his title at Beijing Olympics after failing to recover from a waist injury,
the Bulgarian Weightlifting Federation said on Wednesday.The 27-year-old Dobrev won gold four years ago in the 94-kg category at the Athens Games."He's still suffering from the injury and it will prevent him from achieving his full potential in Beijing,"
Federation General Secretary Tenyo Tenev told reporters."That's why we decided that it'll be better not to force him," he said.
"He will resume his preparations for next year's European and world championship after recovering from the injury."
Actual news More news »
- Glasgow 2014 Opening Ceremony gets Commonwealth Games off to uniquely Scottish start July 24, 2014
- Over ten thousand people lifted weightlifting barbell for the first time in Kazakhstan July 23, 2014
- IWF Grand Prix 2014 President’s Cup Noyabrsk July 10, 2014
- Australia and New Zealand to take part in 2015 Pacific Games July 9, 2014
- Ildar Khalikov met with Dr. Tamas Ajan July 8, 2014
Calendar Jul. 2014
Events behind us
Oceania Youth (YOG Qualification), Junior, Senior Championships, Mont Dore, NCL
Pan-American Youth Championships (YOG Qualification), LIMA, PER
European Youth Championships (YOG Qualification), Ciechanow, POL
African Junior and Youth (YOG Qualification) Championships, Tunis, Tun