Bulgarian Milen Dobrev will be unable to defend his title at Beijing Olympics after failing to recover from a waist injury,
the Bulgarian Weightlifting Federation said on Wednesday.The 27-year-old Dobrev won gold four years ago in the 94-kg category at the Athens Games."He's still suffering from the injury and it will prevent him from achieving his full potential in Beijing,"
Federation General Secretary Tenyo Tenev told reporters."That's why we decided that it'll be better not to force him," he said.
"He will resume his preparations for next year's European and world championship after recovering from the injury."
Actual news More news »
- Okulov leads way for Russia, and Deng wins again November 26, 2015
- Six different medallists and a big surprise in men’s 77kg November 25, 2015
- Two more world records as Kostova and ’the new Shi’ take the honours November 24, 2015
- Chen takes Kim’s title – and his world record November 23, 2015
- Om’s a “Phenom” again – and so is teenager Jiang November 22, 2015