Bulgarian Milen Dobrev will be unable to defend his title at Beijing Olympics after failing to recover from a waist injury,
the Bulgarian Weightlifting Federation said on Wednesday.The 27-year-old Dobrev won gold four years ago in the 94-kg category at the Athens Games."He's still suffering from the injury and it will prevent him from achieving his full potential in Beijing,"
Federation General Secretary Tenyo Tenev told reporters."That's why we decided that it'll be better not to force him," he said.
"He will resume his preparations for next year's European and world championship after recovering from the injury."
Actual news More news »
- Final dates for 2015 IWF YWC September 30, 2014
- 17th Asian Games concluded with no surprises September 26, 2014
- The fourth Tissot World Record Award! September 26, 2014
- 2014 Almaty WWC Organizing Committee visited the Asian Games September 25, 2014
- “Tissot World Record Award” winners! September 23, 2014
Calendar Oct. 2014
Events behind us
Youth Olympic Games, Nanjing, CHN
2014 Commonwealth Games, Glasgow, GBR
IWF Junior World Championships, Kazan, RUS
Oceania Youth (YOG Qualification), Junior, Senior Championships, Mont Dore, NCL