Bulgarian Milen Dobrev will be unable to defend his title at Beijing Olympics after failing to recover from a waist injury,
the Bulgarian Weightlifting Federation said on Wednesday.The 27-year-old Dobrev won gold four years ago in the 94-kg category at the Athens Games."He's still suffering from the injury and it will prevent him from achieving his full potential in Beijing,"
Federation General Secretary Tenyo Tenev told reporters."That's why we decided that it'll be better not to force him," he said.
"He will resume his preparations for next year's European and world championship after recovering from the injury."
Actual news More news »
- McLaren Report Part 2: Over 1,000 Russian athletes involved in state-sponsored doping scheme December 10, 2016
- Fein: Olympic Champion tying for the first place December 9, 2016
- Rio 2016, the most perfect imperfect Games December 8, 2016
- News from our Members – Greece December 8, 2016
- 40 years ago: Melbourne 1956 December 8, 2016