Bulgarian Milen Dobrev will be unable to defend his title at Beijing Olympics after failing to recover from a waist injury,
the Bulgarian Weightlifting Federation said on Wednesday.The 27-year-old Dobrev won gold four years ago in the 94-kg category at the Athens Games."He's still suffering from the injury and it will prevent him from achieving his full potential in Beijing,"
Federation General Secretary Tenyo Tenev told reporters."That's why we decided that it'll be better not to force him," he said.
"He will resume his preparations for next year's European and world championship after recovering from the injury."
Actual news More news »
- Iranian DAVOUDI Ali got the last Gold of the YWC October 25, 2016
- South American gold medals October 24, 2016
- LOPEZ LOPEZ Yeison (COL) made it again! October 24, 2016
- CUMMINGS JR Clarence (USA) improved his own Youth World Record October 22, 2016
- M56kg and W53kg – Both Golds are for China October 22, 2016