Olympic champion (weight category under 105 kg) Dmitriy Berestov will miss Beijing Games because of backbone’s hernia. In April Berestov returned after 2 years of disqualification caused by positive non-contest doping-test. He had won European championships in Lingano Sabbiadoro though had suffered leg injury during the snatch. “I totally recovered, but never stopped training, – Berestov told to IWF. – Indeed, all that time I trained just with one leg. Obviously, that was the main reason of hernia’s formation. I feel quite dissapointed but fortunately I’m not alone in that category in Russia. I’m just 28, so that means that I would likely have a chance to compete in London Olympics”.
Actual news More news »
- IWF 2015 YWC Final Entries published March 27, 2015
- 2015 IWF World Championships Houston Timetable finalized March 26, 2015
- IWF interviews IOC President Thomas Bach – Weightlifting embraces Olympic Agenda 2020 March 25, 2015
- Deadline Reminder: 2015 IWF Youth World Championships Lima Final Entries March 24, 2015
- Dr. Roy Sinclair father of the “Sinclair Bodyweight Formula” passed away March 23, 2015