Olympic champion (weight category under 105 kg) Dmitriy Berestov will miss Beijing Games because of backbone’s hernia. In April Berestov returned after 2 years of disqualification caused by positive non-contest doping-test. He had won European championships in Lingano Sabbiadoro though had suffered leg injury during the snatch. “I totally recovered, but never stopped training, – Berestov told to IWF. – Indeed, all that time I trained just with one leg. Obviously, that was the main reason of hernia’s formation. I feel quite dissapointed but fortunately I’m not alone in that category in Russia. I’m just 28, so that means that I would likely have a chance to compete in London Olympics”.
Actual news More news »
- Updated Regulation for the IWF Grand Prix 1st International Fajr Cup February 1, 2016
- The Bulgarian Weightlifting Federation remains banned from entering the next Olympic Games January 29, 2016
- Russian President’s Cup date and place confirmed January 29, 2016
- Sam Coffa 80 January 15, 2016
- Double Olympic Champion Leonid Zhabotinsky dies at 78 January 15, 2016