Olympic champion (weight category under 105 kg) Dmitriy Berestov will miss Beijing Games because of backbone’s hernia. In April Berestov returned after 2 years of disqualification caused by positive non-contest doping-test. He had won European championships in Lingano Sabbiadoro though had suffered leg injury during the snatch. “I totally recovered, but never stopped training, – Berestov told to IWF. – Indeed, all that time I trained just with one leg. Obviously, that was the main reason of hernia’s formation. I feel quite dissapointed but fortunately I’m not alone in that category in Russia. I’m just 28, so that means that I would likely have a chance to compete in London Olympics”.
Actual news More news »
- Weightlifting ready to go at SEA Games December 9, 2013
- Guliyev’s victory closes Baku Cup December 7, 2013
- Azeris retain Grand Prix at home on opening day of Baku Cup December 6, 2013
- President discusses 2015 European Games in Azerbaijan December 5, 2013
- Zhanat Tusupbekov, new President of the Kazakh Weightlifting Federation December 5, 2013