Olympic champion (weight category under 105 kg) Dmitriy Berestov will miss Beijing Games because of backbone’s hernia. In April Berestov returned after 2 years of disqualification caused by positive non-contest doping-test. He had won European championships in Lingano Sabbiadoro though had suffered leg injury during the snatch. “I totally recovered, but never stopped training, – Berestov told to IWF. – Indeed, all that time I trained just with one leg. Obviously, that was the main reason of hernia’s formation. I feel quite dissapointed but fortunately I’m not alone in that category in Russia. I’m just 28, so that means that I would likely have a chance to compete in London Olympics”.
Actual news More news »
- 88 Madagascar athletes to train for five months in China July 27, 2017
- 82 year old weightlifter strikes gold again July 27, 2017
- The two Pettersson July 26, 2017
- Successful seminars at the African Championships July 26, 2017
- In conversation with Amna Al Haddad, who have been making UAE proud July 25, 2017