Olympic champion (weight category under 105 kg) Dmitriy Berestov will miss Beijing Games because of backbone’s hernia. In April Berestov returned after 2 years of disqualification caused by positive non-contest doping-test. He had won European championships in Lingano Sabbiadoro though had suffered leg injury during the snatch. “I totally recovered, but never stopped training, – Berestov told to IWF. – Indeed, all that time I trained just with one leg. Obviously, that was the main reason of hernia’s formation. I feel quite dissapointed but fortunately I’m not alone in that category in Russia. I’m just 28, so that means that I would likely have a chance to compete in London Olympics”.
Actual news More news »
- 6 strong candidates for the 2018 IWF World Championships September 30, 2015
- Last competition day crowned 2 Chinese champions September 23, 2015
- First World Record attempt by LIAO Hui at the Grand Prix September 22, 2015
- First medals and Prize Money given out in Fuzhou September 21, 2015
- START BOOK published for the 2015 IWF Grand Prix September 20, 2015