Olympic champion (weight category under 105 kg) Dmitriy Berestov will miss Beijing Games because of backbone’s hernia. In April Berestov returned after 2 years of disqualification caused by positive non-contest doping-test. He had won European championships in Lingano Sabbiadoro though had suffered leg injury during the snatch. “I totally recovered, but never stopped training, – Berestov told to IWF. – Indeed, all that time I trained just with one leg. Obviously, that was the main reason of hernia’s formation. I feel quite dissapointed but fortunately I’m not alone in that category in Russia. I’m just 28, so that means that I would likely have a chance to compete in London Olympics”.
Actual news More news »
- Two more flagbearers for weightlifting / KATOATAU and DETENAMO June 29, 2015
- Updated IWF Android and iOS App June 29, 2015
- Weightlifter Vaivai selected as Fiji’s Pacific Games flagbearer June 25, 2015
- FSM Flagbearer is a weightlifter June 25, 2015
- 2015 IWF Junior World Championships Wroclaw, POL Overall June 17, 2015