Olympic champion (weight category under 105 kg) Dmitriy Berestov will miss Beijing Games because of backbone’s hernia. In April Berestov returned after 2 years of disqualification caused by positive non-contest doping-test. He had won European championships in Lingano Sabbiadoro though had suffered leg injury during the snatch. “I totally recovered, but never stopped training, – Berestov told to IWF. – Indeed, all that time I trained just with one leg. Obviously, that was the main reason of hernia’s formation. I feel quite dissapointed but fortunately I’m not alone in that category in Russia. I’m just 28, so that means that I would likely have a chance to compete in London Olympics”.
Actual news More news »
- 2018 IWF World Championships date now set March 17, 2018
- Exercises that Prepare You for the Olympic Lifts March 14, 2018
- Hidilyn Diaz received “The Outstanding Young Men” award March 14, 2018
- Registration open to 2018 FISU University Worlds March 9, 2018
- Nicu Vlad: Romania is proud to host the European Championships in the Centennial year March 9, 2018