Olympic champion (weight category under 105 kg) Dmitriy Berestov will miss Beijing Games because of backbone’s hernia. In April Berestov returned after 2 years of disqualification caused by positive non-contest doping-test. He had won European championships in Lingano Sabbiadoro though had suffered leg injury during the snatch. “I totally recovered, but never stopped training, – Berestov told to IWF. – Indeed, all that time I trained just with one leg. Obviously, that was the main reason of hernia’s formation. I feel quite dissapointed but fortunately I’m not alone in that category in Russia. I’m just 28, so that means that I would likely have a chance to compete in London Olympics”.
Actual news More news »
- Women’s weightlifting: a long journey from naked weigh-ins to hijab-wearing heroine who inspired Iran January 17, 2018
- Remembering Mario Martinez January 17, 2018
- Sarah Robles Wins Best of Team USA December Honors January 15, 2018
- Days of glory for Chilean weightlifting January 8, 2018
- Education Seminar in Mexico January 8, 2018