Olympic champion (weight category under 105 kg) Dmitriy Berestov will miss Beijing Games because of backbone’s hernia. In April Berestov returned after 2 years of disqualification caused by positive non-contest doping-test. He had won European championships in Lingano Sabbiadoro though had suffered leg injury during the snatch. “I totally recovered, but never stopped training, – Berestov told to IWF. – Indeed, all that time I trained just with one leg. Obviously, that was the main reason of hernia’s formation. I feel quite dissapointed but fortunately I’m not alone in that category in Russia. I’m just 28, so that means that I would likely have a chance to compete in London Olympics”.
Actual news More news »
- Weightlifting mourns a legend: Naim Süleymanoğlu November 18, 2017
- ORIS meeting for Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games November 17, 2017
- Coaching Education Seminar in Bolivia November 17, 2017
- International Sports Federations prepare to lead the way on ‘Sustainability’ & give planet earth a sporting chance November 16, 2017
- IWF meets with nine suspended Member Federations to support them begin process of anti-doping reform November 15, 2017