Olympic champion (weight category under 105 kg) Dmitriy Berestov will miss Beijing Games because of backbone’s hernia. In April Berestov returned after 2 years of disqualification caused by positive non-contest doping-test. He had won European championships in Lingano Sabbiadoro though had suffered leg injury during the snatch. “I totally recovered, but never stopped training, – Berestov told to IWF. – Indeed, all that time I trained just with one leg. Obviously, that was the main reason of hernia’s formation. I feel quite dissapointed but fortunately I’m not alone in that category in Russia. I’m just 28, so that means that I would likely have a chance to compete in London Olympics”.
Actual news More news »
- Six different medallists and a big surprise in men’s 77kg November 25, 2015
- Two more world records as Kostova and ’the new Shi’ take the honours November 24, 2015
- Chen takes Kim’s title – and his world record November 23, 2015
- Om’s a “Phenom” again – and so is teenager Jiang November 22, 2015
- Houston Day One report November 21, 2015