Olympic champion (weight category under 105 kg) Dmitriy Berestov will miss Beijing Games because of backbone’s hernia. In April Berestov returned after 2 years of disqualification caused by positive non-contest doping-test. He had won European championships in Lingano Sabbiadoro though had suffered leg injury during the snatch. “I totally recovered, but never stopped training, – Berestov told to IWF. – Indeed, all that time I trained just with one leg. Obviously, that was the main reason of hernia’s formation. I feel quite dissapointed but fortunately I’m not alone in that category in Russia. I’m just 28, so that means that I would likely have a chance to compete in London Olympics”.
Actual news More news »
- Dato Ong Poh Eng elected as VP of Olympic Council of Malaysia August 26, 2015
- Rebekah Tiler named as flag bearer for Team England at Commonwealth Youth Games August 26, 2015
- IOC releases Anti-Doping Rules for Rio de Janeiro 2016 August 25, 2015
- Passing away of Mr. Eddie Suarez August 20, 2015
- Weightlifting might reverse bone loss in men August 19, 2015