Olympic champion (weight category under 105 kg) Dmitriy Berestov will miss Beijing Games because of backbone’s hernia. In April Berestov returned after 2 years of disqualification caused by positive non-contest doping-test. He had won European championships in Lingano Sabbiadoro though had suffered leg injury during the snatch. “I totally recovered, but never stopped training, – Berestov told to IWF. – Indeed, all that time I trained just with one leg. Obviously, that was the main reason of hernia’s formation. I feel quite dissapointed but fortunately I’m not alone in that category in Russia. I’m just 28, so that means that I would likely have a chance to compete in London Olympics”.
Actual news More news »
- Lima to be venue for 2024 Olympic host city decision after win bid to host 2017 IOC Session December 11, 2014
- Rio 2016 Volunteer Program deadline extended December 11, 2014
- IOC Session gave recognition to the NOC of Kosovo December 9, 2014
- Hungarian Péter Nagy winds up WUWC 2014 with last victory December 8, 2014
- Beauchemin-Nadeau breaks home triumph streak at WUWC December 7, 2014