Olympic champion (weight category under 105 kg) Dmitriy Berestov will miss Beijing Games because of backbone’s hernia. In April Berestov returned after 2 years of disqualification caused by positive non-contest doping-test. He had won European championships in Lingano Sabbiadoro though had suffered leg injury during the snatch. “I totally recovered, but never stopped training, – Berestov told to IWF. – Indeed, all that time I trained just with one leg. Obviously, that was the main reason of hernia’s formation. I feel quite dissapointed but fortunately I’m not alone in that category in Russia. I’m just 28, so that means that I would likely have a chance to compete in London Olympics”.
Actual news More news »
- IWF President meeting Tunisian Sport leaders April 17, 2014
- IOC Injury and Illness Prevention Conference hailed a success with record participation in Monaco April 16, 2014
- IWF at SportAccord April 11, 2014
- Members of the Malta Weightlifting Association finished Weightlifting coaching courses April 8, 2014
- IWF President visiting the European events in Israel April 7, 2014