Olympic champion (weight category under 105 kg) Dmitriy Berestov will miss Beijing Games because of backbone’s hernia. In April Berestov returned after 2 years of disqualification caused by positive non-contest doping-test. He had won European championships in Lingano Sabbiadoro though had suffered leg injury during the snatch. “I totally recovered, but never stopped training, – Berestov told to IWF. – Indeed, all that time I trained just with one leg. Obviously, that was the main reason of hernia’s formation. I feel quite dissapointed but fortunately I’m not alone in that category in Russia. I’m just 28, so that means that I would likely have a chance to compete in London Olympics”.
Actual news More news »
- EWF Coaching Research and Scientific Committee Summary December 5, 2016
- Yuri Vlasov celebrates 81st birthday December 5, 2016
- 1st Tournament in more than 40 years in Barbados December 5, 2016
- United World Wrestling partnered with IWF December 5, 2016
- EWF Executive Board Meeting and Congress December 5, 2016