Olympic champion (weight category under 105 kg) Dmitriy Berestov will miss Beijing Games because of backbone’s hernia. In April Berestov returned after 2 years of disqualification caused by positive non-contest doping-test. He had won European championships in Lingano Sabbiadoro though had suffered leg injury during the snatch. “I totally recovered, but never stopped training, – Berestov told to IWF. – Indeed, all that time I trained just with one leg. Obviously, that was the main reason of hernia’s formation. I feel quite dissapointed but fortunately I’m not alone in that category in Russia. I’m just 28, so that means that I would likely have a chance to compete in London Olympics”.
Actual news More news »
- Lausanne to host the 2020 YOG / Beijing to host the 2022 Winter Olympics July 31, 2015
- Dr. Aján receives Honour Order of President of Moldova Republic July 25, 2015
- Tokyo 2020 Unveils the Emblems of the 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games July 24, 2015
- OWF Newsletter: Weightlifting – a success in Port Moresby July 24, 2015
- Buenos Aires 2018 launches official emblem July 24, 2015