Olympic champion (weight category under 105 kg) Dmitriy Berestov will miss Beijing Games because of backbone’s hernia. In April Berestov returned after 2 years of disqualification caused by positive non-contest doping-test. He had won European championships in Lingano Sabbiadoro though had suffered leg injury during the snatch. “I totally recovered, but never stopped training, – Berestov told to IWF. – Indeed, all that time I trained just with one leg. Obviously, that was the main reason of hernia’s formation. I feel quite dissapointed but fortunately I’m not alone in that category in Russia. I’m just 28, so that means that I would likely have a chance to compete in London Olympics”.
Actual news More news »
- IWF Vice President paid a visit to Budapest September 21, 2017
- Accreditation System open for 2018 FISU World University Championships in Poland September 21, 2017
- EWF Training Camp and Seminar in 2017 Berlin Olympic Training Centre September 21, 2017
- 7 DAYS – 2017 IWF World Championship Preliminary Deadline September 20, 2017
- WFA Coaching Training Education Course in Cairo, EGYPT September 20, 2017