The Weightlifting and the Olympic Family were saddened to learn about the tragic death of Olympic Champion Anatoly KHRAPATY, Kazakhstan,former member of the Soviet squad. Champion in 1988 Seouol and silver medallist in 1996, multiple world champion and world record holder, Khrapaty was an emblematic figure of Kazakh weightlifting, nicknamed also the “Siberian Tiger”. He lost his life at the age of 45 in a car accident.
Actual news More news »
- Lausanne to host the 2020 YOG / Beijing to host the 2022 Winter Olympics July 31, 2015
- Dr. Aján receives Honour Order of President of Moldova Republic July 25, 2015
- Tokyo 2020 Unveils the Emblems of the 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games July 24, 2015
- OWF Newsletter: Weightlifting – a success in Port Moresby July 24, 2015
- Buenos Aires 2018 launches official emblem July 24, 2015