The Weightlifting and the Olympic Family were saddened to learn about the tragic death of Olympic Champion Anatoly KHRAPATY, Kazakhstan,former member of the Soviet squad. Champion in 1988 Seouol and silver medallist in 1996, multiple world champion and world record holder, Khrapaty was an emblematic figure of Kazakh weightlifting, nicknamed also the “Siberian Tiger”. He lost his life at the age of 45 in a car accident.
Actual news More news »
- Lima to be venue for 2024 Olympic host city decision after win bid to host 2017 IOC Session December 11, 2014
- Rio 2016 Volunteer Program deadline extended December 11, 2014
- IOC Session gave recognition to the NOC of Kosovo December 9, 2014
- Hungarian Péter Nagy winds up WUWC 2014 with last victory December 8, 2014
- Beauchemin-Nadeau breaks home triumph streak at WUWC December 7, 2014