The Weightlifting and the Olympic Family were saddened to learn about the tragic death of Olympic Champion Anatoly KHRAPATY, Kazakhstan,former member of the Soviet squad. Champion in 1988 Seouol and silver medallist in 1996, multiple world champion and world record holder, Khrapaty was an emblematic figure of Kazakh weightlifting, nicknamed also the “Siberian Tiger”. He lost his life at the age of 45 in a car accident.
Actual news More news »
- Dato Ong Poh Eng elected as VP of Olympic Council of Malaysia August 26, 2015
- Rebekah Tiler named as flag bearer for Team England at Commonwealth Youth Games August 26, 2015
- IOC releases Anti-Doping Rules for Rio de Janeiro 2016 August 25, 2015
- Passing away of Mr. Eddie Suarez August 20, 2015
- Weightlifting might reverse bone loss in men August 19, 2015