Ruth Kasirye (1982 – Tonsberg – 62.76 kg), Olympic participant 2008 in Beijing, was the absolute super star of the National Norwegian Championships on 6th and 7th March in Spydeberg. With 106 kg in the snatch, 125 kg and 130 kg in the clean and jerk as well as with 226 kg, 231 kg and 236 kg in the total she established six national records in the 63 kg category. Anja-Evelin Jordalen (1987 – Bjorgvin – 70.29 kg) could also come up with records. She set four new records in the 75 kg category with 90 kg in the snatch, 113 kg in the clean and jerk as well as with 200 kg and 203 kg in the total. Of course Ruth Kasirye was the best female lifter of the championships with 294.10 Sinclair points ahead of Anja-Evelin Jordalen with 236.79 points. Per Hordnes (1981 – Bjorgvin – 93.34 kg) was the best male participant with 374.32 points ahead of Jarleif Amdal (1988 – Vigrestad – 84.31 kg) with 358.74 points.
Actual news More news »
- What Equipment Do I Need for Weightlifting? December 13, 2017
- Is Flexibility Important for Weightlifting? December 12, 2017
- What Happened at the 2017 IWF World Championships? December 11, 2017
- 5th Qatar Cup postponed December 11, 2017
- IWF Welcomes Opportunity to Show Further Progress In Fight Against Doping December 6, 2017