Ruth Kasirye (1982 – Tonsberg – 62.76 kg), Olympic participant 2008 in Beijing, was the absolute super star of the National Norwegian Championships on 6th and 7th March in Spydeberg. With 106 kg in the snatch, 125 kg and 130 kg in the clean and jerk as well as with 226 kg, 231 kg and 236 kg in the total she established six national records in the 63 kg category. Anja-Evelin Jordalen (1987 – Bjorgvin – 70.29 kg) could also come up with records. She set four new records in the 75 kg category with 90 kg in the snatch, 113 kg in the clean and jerk as well as with 200 kg and 203 kg in the total. Of course Ruth Kasirye was the best female lifter of the championships with 294.10 Sinclair points ahead of Anja-Evelin Jordalen with 236.79 points. Per Hordnes (1981 – Bjorgvin – 93.34 kg) was the best male participant with 374.32 points ahead of Jarleif Amdal (1988 – Vigrestad – 84.31 kg) with 358.74 points.
Actual news More news »
- Former PRWF President, Juan Santana passed away May 28, 2015
- IWF teams up with IOC to reinforce fight against illegal betting May 27, 2015
- Final Entries for the 2015 JWC are published May 27, 2015
- Thailand Phuket to host the Asian Weightlifting Championships in September May 26, 2015
- Entries closed for the 2015 Pacific Games May 22, 2015