The International Olympic Committee (IOC) announced sanctions against five athletes who participated in the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing for having committed anti-doping violations. However, it did not disqualify Dominican Republic’s Yudelquis Maridalin Contreras (fifth in the 53kg weightlifting event) after counter-analysis failed to confirm the initial result.
Actual news More news »
- Two more flagbearers for weightlifting / KATOATAU and DETENAMO June 29, 2015
- Updated IWF Android and iOS App June 29, 2015
- Weightlifter Vaivai selected as Fiji’s Pacific Games flagbearer June 25, 2015
- FSM Flagbearer is a weightlifter June 25, 2015
- 2015 IWF Junior World Championships Wroclaw, POL Overall June 17, 2015