The International Olympic Committee (IOC) announced sanctions against five athletes who participated in the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing for having committed anti-doping violations. However, it did not disqualify Dominican Republic’s Yudelquis Maridalin Contreras (fifth in the 53kg weightlifting event) after counter-analysis failed to confirm the initial result.
Actual news More news »
- Chang Chao-Kuo elected President of Rep. of China Sports Federation December 10, 2013
- Weightlifting ready to go at SEA Games December 9, 2013
- Guliyev’s victory closes Baku Cup December 7, 2013
- Azeris retain Grand Prix at home on opening day of Baku Cup December 6, 2013
- President discusses 2015 European Games in Azerbaijan December 5, 2013