The International Olympic Committee (IOC) announced sanctions against five athletes who participated in the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing for having committed anti-doping violations. However, it did not disqualify Dominican Republic’s Yudelquis Maridalin Contreras (fifth in the 53kg weightlifting event) after counter-analysis failed to confirm the initial result.
Actual news More news »
- National bank holiday October 21, 2014
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games venue finalized October 18, 2014
- Final Entries has been updated October 17, 2014
- IWF 2014 World Championships Final Entries published October 17, 2014
- Changes in the Weightlifting Federation of the Republic of Kazakhstan in 2014 October 14, 2014