The International Olympic Committee (IOC) announced sanctions against five athletes who participated in the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing for having committed anti-doping violations. However, it did not disqualify Dominican Republic’s Yudelquis Maridalin Contreras (fifth in the 53kg weightlifting event) after counter-analysis failed to confirm the initial result.
Actual news More news »
- The newest issue of the South American Weightlifting Confederation Magazine is available online! May 25, 2018
- How to Watch the 2018 USA Weightlifting National Championships May 24, 2018
- Technical Course for Coaches in Ashgabat May 23, 2018
- Jamaican Olympian Louis George Martin Inducted into Walk of Fame in the UK May 21, 2018
- María Fernanda Valdez will be the Chilean flag bearer on the South American Games May 18, 2018