Venezuelan athletes Betsi Rivas (second from the left) and Junior Sánchez (third from the left) have received their Olympic diplomas, rewarding their weightlifting performances at the London Games. The award ceremony took place at the headquarters of the Venezuelan NOC, in the presence of NOC President Eduardo Álvarez; the President of the national weightlifting federation, Pedro León Torres; and coaches Yamil Guiliani and Gabriel Enseñat. Betsi Rivas finished eighth in the 48kg category and Sánchez fifth in the 69kg.
Actual news More news »
- Weightlifting ready to go at SEA Games December 9, 2013
- Guliyev’s victory closes Baku Cup December 7, 2013
- Azeris retain Grand Prix at home on opening day of Baku Cup December 6, 2013
- President discusses 2015 European Games in Azerbaijan December 5, 2013
- Zhanat Tusupbekov, new President of the Kazakh Weightlifting Federation December 5, 2013