Venezuelan athletes Betsi Rivas (second from the left) and Junior Sánchez (third from the left) have received their Olympic diplomas, rewarding their weightlifting performances at the London Games. The award ceremony took place at the headquarters of the Venezuelan NOC, in the presence of NOC President Eduardo Álvarez; the President of the national weightlifting federation, Pedro León Torres; and coaches Yamil Guiliani and Gabriel Enseñat. Betsi Rivas finished eighth in the 48kg category and Sánchez fifth in the 69kg.
Actual news More news »
- Dato Ong Poh Eng elected as VP of Olympic Council of Malaysia August 26, 2015
- Rebekah Tiler named as flag bearer for Team England at Commonwealth Youth Games August 26, 2015
- IOC releases Anti-Doping Rules for Rio de Janeiro 2016 August 25, 2015
- Passing away of Mr. Eddie Suarez August 20, 2015
- Weightlifting might reverse bone loss in men August 19, 2015