Venezuelan athletes Betsi Rivas (second from the left) and Junior Sánchez (third from the left) have received their Olympic diplomas, rewarding their weightlifting performances at the London Games. The award ceremony took place at the headquarters of the Venezuelan NOC, in the presence of NOC President Eduardo Álvarez; the President of the national weightlifting federation, Pedro León Torres; and coaches Yamil Guiliani and Gabriel Enseñat. Betsi Rivas finished eighth in the 48kg category and Sánchez fifth in the 69kg.
Actual news More news »
- Lausanne to host the 2020 YOG / Beijing to host the 2022 Winter Olympics July 31, 2015
- Dr. Aján receives Honour Order of President of Moldova Republic July 25, 2015
- Tokyo 2020 Unveils the Emblems of the 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games July 24, 2015
- OWF Newsletter: Weightlifting – a success in Port Moresby July 24, 2015
- Buenos Aires 2018 launches official emblem July 24, 2015