In spite of an aching back, the home favourite Olympic silver medallist Alexandr IVANOV easily took the gold in the 94kg category upsetting all the three previous Universiade records (181kg, 214kg 395kg). Kazakhstan’s Alexandr ZAICHIKOV confidently won the silver medal with 375kg. The real fight went on between Lithuanian Zygimantas STANULIS and US lifter Kendrick FARRIS. The final 211kg in Clean and Jerk eventually gave the bronze medal to the American on bodyweight.
Actual news More news »
- National bank holiday October 21, 2014
- Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games venue finalized October 18, 2014
- Final Entries has been updated October 17, 2014
- IWF 2014 World Championships Final Entries published October 17, 2014
- Changes in the Weightlifting Federation of the Republic of Kazakhstan in 2014 October 14, 2014