In spite of an aching back, the home favourite Olympic silver medallist Alexandr IVANOV easily took the gold in the 94kg category upsetting all the three previous Universiade records (181kg, 214kg 395kg). Kazakhstan’s Alexandr ZAICHIKOV confidently won the silver medal with 375kg. The real fight went on between Lithuanian Zygimantas STANULIS and US lifter Kendrick FARRIS. The final 211kg in Clean and Jerk eventually gave the bronze medal to the American on bodyweight.
Actual news More news »
- Lausanne to host the 2020 YOG / Beijing to host the 2022 Winter Olympics July 31, 2015
- Dr. Aján receives Honour Order of President of Moldova Republic July 25, 2015
- Tokyo 2020 Unveils the Emblems of the 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games July 24, 2015
- OWF Newsletter: Weightlifting – a success in Port Moresby July 24, 2015
- Buenos Aires 2018 launches official emblem July 24, 2015