In spite of an aching back, the home favourite Olympic silver medallist Alexandr IVANOV easily took the gold in the 94kg category upsetting all the three previous Universiade records (181kg, 214kg 395kg). Kazakhstan’s Alexandr ZAICHIKOV confidently won the silver medal with 375kg. The real fight went on between Lithuanian Zygimantas STANULIS and US lifter Kendrick FARRIS. The final 211kg in Clean and Jerk eventually gave the bronze medal to the American on bodyweight.
Actual news More news »
- WADA Foundation Board Meeting in Paris November 18, 2014
- Superheavyweights and records November 17, 2014
- DPR Korea on verge of becoming most successful nation in 2014 November 16, 2014
- Ilyin Ilya rocked the 105kg bodyweight November 16, 2014
- Evstyukhina (RUS) hoping to end Russia’s golden drought November 14, 2014