In spite of an aching back, the home favourite Olympic silver medallist Alexandr IVANOV easily took the gold in the 94kg category upsetting all the three previous Universiade records (181kg, 214kg 395kg). Kazakhstan’s Alexandr ZAICHIKOV confidently won the silver medal with 375kg. The real fight went on between Lithuanian Zygimantas STANULIS and US lifter Kendrick FARRIS. The final 211kg in Clean and Jerk eventually gave the bronze medal to the American on bodyweight.
Actual news More news »
- II Youth South American Games Santiago 2017 October 17, 2017
- IWF Ready For Clean Competition At 2017 World Weightlifting Championships October 16, 2017
- Pyrros Dimas celebrates his 46th Birthday today! October 13, 2017
- IWF Coaching Course in Uganda October 13, 2017
- AWF Extraordinary Electoral Meeting October 12, 2017