True to its firm stance against the use of doping, the IWF Executive Board unanimously decided to sanction the Azerbaijan Weightlifting Federation whose athletes produced multiple adverse analytical findings in 2013 for a fine of USD500,000. At the same time the IWF calls the Federation to conduct an investigation into the athletes’ entourage (coaches, team doctors). With regard to the organisational contributions of the Azerbaijan Federation to international weightlifting and maintaining its policy not to punish innocent athletes the Board decided not to suspend the Federation. However, the fine is payable within 6 months and until the fine is paid in full Azerbaijan is not eligible to participat in the IWF Calendar Events.
Actual news More news »
- Exciting competitions for the African quota places in Cameroon May 23, 2016
- Pre-Games operational meetings for IFs May 21, 2016
- Another succesful Anti-Doping Seminar on the eve of the African Championships May 18, 2016
- Visit at ZKC factory May 13, 2016
- 5 cities bidding for the 2018 IWF Junior World Championships May 13, 2016