True to its firm stance against the use of doping, the IWF Executive Board unanimously decided to sanction the Azerbaijan Weightlifting Federation whose athletes produced multiple adverse analytical findings in 2013 for a fine of USD500,000. At the same time the IWF calls the Federation to conduct an investigation into the athletes’ entourage (coaches, team doctors). With regard to the organisational contributions of the Azerbaijan Federation to international weightlifting and maintaining its policy not to punish innocent athletes the Board decided not to suspend the Federation. However, the fine is payable within 6 months and until the fine is paid in full Azerbaijan is not eligible to participat in the IWF Calendar Events.
Actual news More news »
- 2017 IWF World Championship Preliminary Entry Forms Deadline September 26, 2017
- Weightlifting debut at AIMAG successfully concluded September 25, 2017
- IWF Vice President paid a visit to Budapest September 21, 2017
- Accreditation System open for 2018 FISU World University Championships in Poland September 21, 2017
- EWF Training Camp and Seminar in 2017 Berlin Olympic Training Centre September 21, 2017