True to its firm stance against the use of doping, the IWF Executive Board unanimously decided to sanction the Azerbaijan Weightlifting Federation whose athletes produced multiple adverse analytical findings in 2013 for a fine of USD500,000. At the same time the IWF calls the Federation to conduct an investigation into the athletes’ entourage (coaches, team doctors). With regard to the organisational contributions of the Azerbaijan Federation to international weightlifting and maintaining its policy not to punish innocent athletes the Board decided not to suspend the Federation. However, the fine is payable within 6 months and until the fine is paid in full Azerbaijan is not eligible to participat in the IWF Calendar Events.
Actual news More news »
- IWF 2015 YWC Final Entries published March 27, 2015
- 2015 IWF World Championships Houston Timetable finalized March 26, 2015
- IWF interviews IOC President Thomas Bach – Weightlifting embraces Olympic Agenda 2020 March 25, 2015
- Deadline Reminder: 2015 IWF Youth World Championships Lima Final Entries March 24, 2015
- Dr. Roy Sinclair father of the “Sinclair Bodyweight Formula” passed away March 23, 2015