True to its firm stance against the use of doping, the IWF Executive Board unanimously decided to sanction the Azerbaijan Weightlifting Federation whose athletes produced multiple adverse analytical findings in 2013 for a fine of USD500,000. At the same time the IWF calls the Federation to conduct an investigation into the athletes’ entourage (coaches, team doctors). With regard to the organisational contributions of the Azerbaijan Federation to international weightlifting and maintaining its policy not to punish innocent athletes the Board decided not to suspend the Federation. However, the fine is payable within 6 months and until the fine is paid in full Azerbaijan is not eligible to participat in the IWF Calendar Events.
Actual news More news »
- CUMMINGS JR Clarence (USA) improved his own Youth World Record October 22, 2016
- M56kg and W53kg – Both Golds are for China October 22, 2016
- AL-HABSI Ahmed Salim Said won the first medal for Oman October 20, 2016
- IWF Executive Board meeting and Congress in Penang, MAS October 19, 2016
- Anaheim, USA to Host 2017 IWF World Championships October 18, 2016