True to its firm stance against the use of doping, the IWF Executive Board unanimously decided to sanction the Azerbaijan Weightlifting Federation whose athletes produced multiple adverse analytical findings in 2013 for a fine of USD500,000. At the same time the IWF calls the Federation to conduct an investigation into the athletes’ entourage (coaches, team doctors). With regard to the organisational contributions of the Azerbaijan Federation to international weightlifting and maintaining its policy not to punish innocent athletes the Board decided not to suspend the Federation. However, the fine is payable within 6 months and until the fine is paid in full Azerbaijan is not eligible to participat in the IWF Calendar Events.
Actual news More news »
- Two more flagbearers for weightlifting / KATOATAU and DETENAMO June 29, 2015
- Updated IWF Android and iOS App June 29, 2015
- Weightlifter Vaivai selected as Fiji’s Pacific Games flagbearer June 25, 2015
- FSM Flagbearer is a weightlifter June 25, 2015
- 2015 IWF Junior World Championships Wroclaw, POL Overall June 17, 2015