True to its firm stance against the use of doping, the IWF Executive Board unanimously decided to sanction the Azerbaijan Weightlifting Federation whose athletes produced multiple adverse analytical findings in 2013 for a fine of USD500,000. At the same time the IWF calls the Federation to conduct an investigation into the athletes’ entourage (coaches, team doctors). With regard to the organisational contributions of the Azerbaijan Federation to international weightlifting and maintaining its policy not to punish innocent athletes the Board decided not to suspend the Federation. However, the fine is payable within 6 months and until the fine is paid in full Azerbaijan is not eligible to participat in the IWF Calendar Events.
Actual news More news »
- Tbilisi to host 2016 IWF Junior World Championships November 30, 2015
- Important Note on Qualification Status November 29, 2015
- Sensational Lovchev takes Rezazadeh’s world records on a great night for Russia November 29, 2015
- Rim defies doctors and pain to take silver in dramatic women’s 75kg November 28, 2015
- Straltsou sees off Kazakhstan pair, and Xiang runs to a clean sweep November 27, 2015