True to its firm stance against the use of doping, the IWF Executive Board unanimously decided to sanction the Azerbaijan Weightlifting Federation whose athletes produced multiple adverse analytical findings in 2013 for a fine of USD500,000. At the same time the IWF calls the Federation to conduct an investigation into the athletes’ entourage (coaches, team doctors). With regard to the organisational contributions of the Azerbaijan Federation to international weightlifting and maintaining its policy not to punish innocent athletes the Board decided not to suspend the Federation. However, the fine is payable within 6 months and until the fine is paid in full Azerbaijan is not eligible to participat in the IWF Calendar Events.
Actual news More news »
- 6 strong candidates for the 2018 IWF World Championships September 30, 2015
- Last competition day crowned 2 Chinese champions September 23, 2015
- First World Record attempt by LIAO Hui at the Grand Prix September 22, 2015
- First medals and Prize Money given out in Fuzhou September 21, 2015
- START BOOK published for the 2015 IWF Grand Prix September 20, 2015