On their first official visit abroad since their election, the Iranian Olympic Committee President Mr. Kiomars Hashemi and Secretary General Mr. Shahrokh Shahnazi visited the IWF where they were received by IWF President Dr. Tamás Aján. The delegation included Mr. Mohammed Reza Akhoundi, Presidential Advisor. Topics of co-operation, Iran’s weightlifting, the anti-doping fight, events and Iran’s international presence were on the agenda of the discussions also involving the IWF staff members. The delegation was also received by the Hungarian Olympic Committee and the Olympic Academy of Hungary.
Actual news More news »
- Okulov leads way for Russia, and Deng wins again November 26, 2015
- Six different medallists and a big surprise in men’s 77kg November 25, 2015
- Two more world records as Kostova and ’the new Shi’ take the honours November 24, 2015
- Chen takes Kim’s title – and his world record November 23, 2015
- Om’s a “Phenom” again – and so is teenager Jiang November 22, 2015