On their first official visit abroad since their election, the Iranian Olympic Committee President Mr. Kiomars Hashemi and Secretary General Mr. Shahrokh Shahnazi visited the IWF where they were received by IWF President Dr. Tamás Aján. The delegation included Mr. Mohammed Reza Akhoundi, Presidential Advisor. Topics of co-operation, Iran’s weightlifting, the anti-doping fight, events and Iran’s international presence were on the agenda of the discussions also involving the IWF staff members. The delegation was also received by the Hungarian Olympic Committee and the Olympic Academy of Hungary.
Actual news More news »
- Weightlifting mourns a legend: Naim Süleymanoğlu November 18, 2017
- ORIS meeting for Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games November 17, 2017
- Coaching Education Seminar in Bolivia November 17, 2017
- International Sports Federations prepare to lead the way on ‘Sustainability’ & give planet earth a sporting chance November 16, 2017
- IWF meets with nine suspended Member Federations to support them begin process of anti-doping reform November 15, 2017