On their first official visit abroad since their election, the Iranian Olympic Committee President Mr. Kiomars Hashemi and Secretary General Mr. Shahrokh Shahnazi visited the IWF where they were received by IWF President Dr. Tamás Aján. The delegation included Mr. Mohammed Reza Akhoundi, Presidential Advisor. Topics of co-operation, Iran’s weightlifting, the anti-doping fight, events and Iran’s international presence were on the agenda of the discussions also involving the IWF staff members. The delegation was also received by the Hungarian Olympic Committee and the Olympic Academy of Hungary.
Actual news More news »
- Women’s weightlifting: a long journey from naked weigh-ins to hijab-wearing heroine who inspired Iran January 17, 2018
- Remembering Mario Martinez January 17, 2018
- Sarah Robles Wins Best of Team USA December Honors January 15, 2018
- Days of glory for Chilean weightlifting January 8, 2018
- Education Seminar in Mexico January 8, 2018