Following the closure of the entries and eligibility check, the IWF is happy to publish the list of athletes (as of 20 July 2016) entered to the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
260 athletes from 91 (!) countries will compete for the 15 Gold Medals.
According to the Qualification System, the list includes quotas obtained through:
– 2014 and 2015 IWF World Championships
– 2016 Continental Qualification Events: 5 Continental Championships
– Individual Qualifications: considering results from 2014 / 2015 / 2016 Qualification Events
– Host Country places provided for Brazil
– Tripartite Commission Invitations (wild cards)
– Reallocations: beside the unused quotas, the IWF EB reallocated withdrawn quota based on Continental ranking for countries/athletes participated at Qualification Event