In the men’s 85kg category at the Taipei 2017 Universiade, KARAPETIAN Andranik, the Armenian who had suffered an elbow dislocation at the Rio Olympics, pulled off with a splendid 170kg snatch, 5 kilos more than the next best, ULANOV Denis of KAZ. In the second act, however, ULANOV was superior and secured the win with 200kg which he made in a correction. Already Champion, ULANOV surprised by asking for a 221kg world record weight for his third attempt. Eventually, this weight is yet to be mastered by the Kazakh, but his effort was certainly commendable. The bronze went to JANG Yeonhak from Korea.
Actual news More news »
- Women’s weightlifting: a long journey from naked weigh-ins to hijab-wearing heroine who inspired Iran January 17, 2018
- Remembering Mario Martinez January 17, 2018
- Sarah Robles Wins Best of Team USA December Honors January 15, 2018
- Days of glory for Chilean weightlifting January 8, 2018
- Education Seminar in Mexico January 8, 2018