In the men’s 85kg category at the Taipei 2017 Universiade, KARAPETIAN Andranik, the Armenian who had suffered an elbow dislocation at the Rio Olympics, pulled off with a splendid 170kg snatch, 5 kilos more than the next best, ULANOV Denis of KAZ. In the second act, however, ULANOV was superior and secured the win with 200kg which he made in a correction. Already Champion, ULANOV surprised by asking for a 221kg world record weight for his third attempt. Eventually, this weight is yet to be mastered by the Kazakh, but his effort was certainly commendable. The bronze went to JANG Yeonhak from Korea.
Actual news More news »
- Weightlifting mourns a legend: Naim Süleymanoğlu November 18, 2017
- ORIS meeting for Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games November 17, 2017
- Coaching Education Seminar in Bolivia November 17, 2017
- International Sports Federations prepare to lead the way on ‘Sustainability’ & give planet earth a sporting chance November 16, 2017
- IWF meets with nine suspended Member Federations to support them begin process of anti-doping reform November 15, 2017