In the men’s 85kg category at the Taipei 2017 Universiade, KARAPETIAN Andranik, the Armenian who had suffered an elbow dislocation at the Rio Olympics, pulled off with a splendid 170kg snatch, 5 kilos more than the next best, ULANOV Denis of KAZ. In the second act, however, ULANOV was superior and secured the win with 200kg which he made in a correction. Already Champion, ULANOV surprised by asking for a 221kg world record weight for his third attempt. Eventually, this weight is yet to be mastered by the Kazakh, but his effort was certainly commendable. The bronze went to JANG Yeonhak from Korea.
Actual news More news »
- AIMAG started in Ashgabat September 18, 2017
- Witness extraordinary power at Gold Coast 2018 Weightlifting September 15, 2017
- IOC MAKES HISTORIC DECISION September 14, 2017
- Malta Weightlifting Association, Training camp in Brisbane September 14, 2017
- New course for athletes on the IOC Athlete Learning Gateway September 13, 2017