In the past months, end of 2017, the South American countries organized several education seminars. It started with the “Technical Improvement in Weightlifting” Seminar in Uruguay. 56 participants attended the course lectured by Professor Sergio Parra. During the theoretical classes it was emphasized how to develop the planning of the trainings (year, month, week) while the practical classes were about to find the correct execution and technique as well as including new techniques. After the seminar in Uruguay, Paraguay Weightlifting Federation had a “Technical Officials” Seminar, led by Diego Germán Martínez. The coaches and athletes who participated all agreed that seminar had a very positive impact and they have learnt a lot. Both courses were supported by IWF within the Continental Contribution 2017.
Actual news More news »
- Lydia Valentín Finally Receives Her Olympic Silver Medal January 22, 2018
- Lasha Talakhadze Named ‘Athlete of the Year’ by Georgia’s National Olympic Committee January 18, 2018
- Women’s weightlifting: a long journey from naked weigh-ins to hijab-wearing heroine who inspired Iran January 17, 2018
- Remembering Mario Martinez January 17, 2018
- Sarah Robles Wins Best of Team USA December Honors January 15, 2018