Kamal Bahadur Adhikari
- Further Personal Information
- English, Nepali
- Higher education
- Nepal Art College: Kathmandu, NEP
- Sport Specific Information
- When and where did you begin this sport?
- He began competing in weightlifting in 2000.
- Why this sport?
- He took up weightlifting to stay healthy and get stronger, and began competing when he was in the army.
- Club / Team
- Tribhuvan Army Club [TAC]: Nepal
- Name of coach
- Sanjay Maharjan [national], NEP; Jeevan Gautam [national], NEP
- General Interest
- Awards and honours
- He was named 2009 Weightlifter of the Year by the Nepal National and International Players' Association [NNIPA]. (thehimalayantimes.com, 02 Jan 2010)
- Other information
- NATIONAL FIRST
In 2006 he became the first weightlifter representing Nepal to win a gold medal at the South Asian Games when he was victorious in Colombo, Sri Lanka. (chinadaily.com.cn, 01 Nov 2010)
Actual news More news »
- Oceania Stars to Battle for Glory at Australian Open February 22, 2018
- WORLD WEIGHTLIFTING’s latest issue is out! February 19, 2018
- Yasmin Zammit Stevens named Malta’s Sportswoman of the year February 19, 2018
- IWF oversees anti-doping education seminars in suspended Member Federations February 16, 2018
- OWF Elite Training Camp February 14, 2018