- Further Personal Information
- Kaohsiung, TPE
- Sport Specific Information
- When and where did you begin this sport?
- He took up the sport in 2007.
- Why this sport?
- He saw his classmates were receiving prize money for sporting achievements so decided to begin competing in weightlifting to help provide money for his family.
- Club / Team
- Kaohsiung City: Chinese Taipei
- Name of coach
- Tsai Wen-Yi [national], TPE; Wu Ming-Tung, TPE
- General Interest
- Other information
He dedicated his bronze medal in the 62kg category at the 2017 World University Games in Taipei, Chinese Taipei, to his father, who had died a week before the event. "At school, my father always told me to stop training weightlifting. I always snuck out to the training room, and I never told my trainer that my family was against it, but since I started winning medals he gradually began to approve." (englishnews.ftv.com.tw, 21 Aug 2017)
Actual news More news »
- The IWF and the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport Announce Collaboration to Combat Doping April 25, 2018
- AWF Executive Board Meeting and Congress April 23, 2018
- How Mirabai chose weightlifting over archery April 23, 2018
- Iranian female team to participate at the Asian Youth Championships April 23, 2018
- SportAccord 2018 April 22, 2018