True to its firm stance against the use of doping, the IWF Executive Board unanimously decided to sanction the Azerbaijan Weightlifting Federation whose athletes produced multiple adverse analytical findings in 2013 for a fine of USD500,000. At the same time the IWF calls the Federation to conduct an investigation into the athletes’ entourage (coaches, team doctors). With regard to the organisational contributions of the Azerbaijan Federation to international weightlifting and maintaining its policy not to punish innocent athletes the Board decided not to suspend the Federation. However, the fine is payable within 6 months and until the fine is paid in full Azerbaijan is not eligible to participat in the IWF Calendar Events.
Actual news More news »
- Samoa is ready to host Pacific Games May 22, 2019
- IWF 2018 LIFTER OF THE YEAR Award Gala May 20, 2019
- The Start List for the 2019 IWF JWC is up! May 20, 2019
- With First Qualifying Period Over, Here’s A Look At Who Could Form U.S. Olympic Weightlifting Team In Tokyo May 16, 2019
- The latest issue of the South American Federation Magazine is out May 13, 2019