True to its firm stance against the use of doping, the IWF Executive Board unanimously decided to sanction the Azerbaijan Weightlifting Federation whose athletes produced multiple adverse analytical findings in 2013 for a fine of USD500,000. At the same time the IWF calls the Federation to conduct an investigation into the athletes’ entourage (coaches, team doctors). With regard to the organisational contributions of the Azerbaijan Federation to international weightlifting and maintaining its policy not to punish innocent athletes the Board decided not to suspend the Federation. However, the fine is payable within 6 months and until the fine is paid in full Azerbaijan is not eligible to participat in the IWF Calendar Events.
Actual news More news »
- Seminar for Technical Officials and Coaches held by CWA December 11, 2018
- Ángel Velmori Niño was re-elected as President of the Nicaraguan Weightlifting Federation December 10, 2018
- II International CSLP Cup and South American Junior, Youth, U15 Championships December 7, 2018
- ROGERS Martha Ann recieved Best of November honours for Team USA Awards December 6, 2018
- Finnish Weightlifting Federation election December 4, 2018