True to its firm stance against the use of doping, the IWF Executive Board unanimously decided to sanction the Azerbaijan Weightlifting Federation whose athletes produced multiple adverse analytical findings in 2013 for a fine of USD500,000. At the same time the IWF calls the Federation to conduct an investigation into the athletes’ entourage (coaches, team doctors). With regard to the organisational contributions of the Azerbaijan Federation to international weightlifting and maintaining its policy not to punish innocent athletes the Board decided not to suspend the Federation. However, the fine is payable within 6 months and until the fine is paid in full Azerbaijan is not eligible to participat in the IWF Calendar Events.
Actual news More news »
- MIRABAI Chanu Saikhom vows to touch 210 kg mark before Tokyo 2020 Games February 14, 2019
- Get to know… Hidilyn Diaz February 12, 2019
- Constitutional Working Group’s 2nd meeting February 12, 2019
- Talakhadze and Valentin are Best for 2018 again February 11, 2019
- IWF Train the Trainers Course for Women February 6, 2019