True to its firm stance against the use of doping, the IWF Executive Board unanimously decided to sanction the Azerbaijan Weightlifting Federation whose athletes produced multiple adverse analytical findings in 2013 for a fine of USD500,000. At the same time the IWF calls the Federation to conduct an investigation into the athletes’ entourage (coaches, team doctors). With regard to the organisational contributions of the Azerbaijan Federation to international weightlifting and maintaining its policy not to punish innocent athletes the Board decided not to suspend the Federation. However, the fine is payable within 6 months and until the fine is paid in full Azerbaijan is not eligible to participat in the IWF Calendar Events.
Actual news More news »
- IWF Technical Administration and Management Course in Uganda October 16, 2018
- It’s time for Africa – see you in Senegal at the YOG 2022 October 15, 2018
- YOUSEFI Alireza (IRI) – last Youth Olympic Champion in Buenos Aires October 14, 2018
- Thailand crowns last Youth Olympic Champion in the Women’s October 13, 2018
- Future in Focus: IWF Hosts Focus Day in Youth Olympic Village October 13, 2018