IWF is opening up the nomination process for its Athletes’ Commission.
In order to fulfill the IWF Constitution and By-laws, the IWF has the responsibility to give athletes a voice in its governance and decision making process, as athletes are the building blocks of the sport itself.
The Athletes’ Commission will provide the voice and view of the athlete to each of the current standing committees and commissions. Additionally, they will be solicited for agreement by a majority on all reform and governance documents, and qualification documents created between now and the subsequent election.
Term of the position:
From 1st September 2020 until after the scheduled dates of the Tokyo 2020 (1) Olympic Games.
- Athletes have the possibility to nominate themselves, can be nominated by a fellow Athlete or by their National Federation;
- Athlete candidates must be in good standing relationships with their member federation and receive their federation’s endorsement.
- Athlete must be at least 18 years of age at time of application;
- Clean Anti-Doping record/No ongoing Result Management case against the Athlete;
- Athlete must have represented their member federation in ONE of the following:
- 2012 and / or 2016 Olympic Games,
- 2014 and / or 2018 Youth Olympic Games
- 2016 to 2019 Youth, Junior, or Senior World Championships
- 2016 to 2018 Continental Championships or Games
- The working language of the IWF is English and the candidates must have a minimum of a conversational capability
Please send the nomination forms and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 12 August 2020.
Further information on the nomination process and the form itself can be found here