As a follow up to the World Anti-Doping Agency (“WADA”)’s Intelligence & Investigations report on IWF released last fall, the ITA has received WADA’s case file (“Operation Arrow”) and after review, has decided to assert at this stage anti-doping rule violation for sample swapping against two athletes. Dumitru Captari, (ROU) and Nijat Rahimov (KAZ) have been informed today that the ITA is charging them with an anti-doping rule violation for “Urine Substitution” (Article 2.2 of the IWF Anti-Doping Rules) which would have occurred over a period of time in 2016. The Athletes are provisionally suspended until the resolution of their respective affairs.
Actual news More news »
- Another Successful Opening for the Oceania’s Premier League June 21, 2021
- Suspension of TAWA Athletes lifted in accordance with the decision of the Independent Monitoring Group June 17, 2021
- ROMANIAN WEIGHTLIFTING FEDERATION SUSPENDED UPON REFERRAL BY THE ITA June 17, 2021
- ITA REFERS WEIGHTLIFTING FEDERATION OF COLOMBIA TO BE SANCTIONED BY INDEPENDENT PANEL DUE TO MULTIPLE ADRVs June 11, 2021
- CRC Webinar Series – First Webinar June 8, 2021