As a follow up to the World Anti-Doping Agency (“WADA”)’s Intelligence & Investigations report on IWF released last fall, the ITA has received WADA’s case file (“Operation Arrow”) and after review, has decided to assert at this stage anti-doping rule violation for sample swapping against two athletes. Dumitru Captari, (ROU) and Nijat Rahimov (KAZ) have been informed today that the ITA is charging them with an anti-doping rule violation for “Urine Substitution” (Article 2.2 of the IWF Anti-Doping Rules) which would have occurred over a period of time in 2016. The Athletes are provisionally suspended until the resolution of their respective affairs.
Actual news More news »
- Update – Extension of the Tokyo 2020 Qualification Period March 5, 2021
- IWF Launches Governance Consultation, Establishes Revised Timeline For Congresses March 4, 2021
- New Year, New Rules – ITA-IWF webinar brings Member Federations up to speed on anti-doping regulations March 1, 2021
- Elections – Brazilian Weightlifting Federation (CBLP) March 1, 2021
- Outcomes of the IWF Executive Board Meeting – 27 February 2021 February 27, 2021