- Further Personal Information
- Lohja, FIN
- Sport Specific Information
- When and where did you begin this sport?
- She took up the sport in 2008.
- Why this sport?
- Before taking up weightlifting she trained in athletics, practising long jump until she was age 17. Her training sessions included a number of weight exercises, which she felt suited her, so she decided to try her hand at weightlifting.
- Club / Team
- Lohja Liftingin: Finland
- Name of coach
- Matti Vestman [personal]
- General Interest
- Memorable sporting achievement
- Lifting a total of 226kg at the 2017 World Championships in Anaheim, CA, United States of America. (yle.fi, 11 Apr 2017)
- She experienced problems with a back injury in 2013. (yle.fi, 11 Apr 2017)
A back injury meant she missed the 2011 European Championships in Kazan, Russian Federation. (tulaviisi.fi, 06 Apr 2014)
In 2010 she fractured the fibula [calf bone] in her leg. (tulaviisi.fi, 06 Apr 2014)
- To compete at the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo. (Facebook profile, 16 May 2018)
Actual news More news »
- IWF Webinar for International Technical Officials (ITOs) August 7, 2020
- Call for Nominations to the IWF Anti-Doping Commission (ADC) August 5, 2020
- Eleiko Email International Lifters Tournament July 31, 2020
- The Pan American Weightlifting Federation – Hall of Fame 2020 July 28, 2020
- The IOC, the IPC and Airbnb announce summer festival of Olympian & Paralympian Online Experiences July 24, 2020