- Further Personal Information
- Beijing, CHN
- Sport Specific Information
- When and where did you begin this sport?
- He took up the sport in 2004 in Changyang, People's Republic of China.
- Why this sport?
- He was selected by coach Liu Jinyang to try the sport at Changyang Amateur Physical School in the People's Republic of China.
- Club / Team
- Hubei Province: China
- Name of coach
- Yu Jie [national], CHN
- General Interest
- Memorable sporting achievement
- Winning silver in the 85kg category at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. (sports.qq.com, 17 Apr 2017)
- He suffered a shoulder injury at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. (hbsport.gov.cn, 13 Aug 2016)
He injured his elbow at the 2012 National Championships in Fuzhou, People's Republic of China. (allthingsgym.com, 03 Jul 2016; sohu.com, 11 Sep 2013; sohu.com, 11 Apr 2012)
- Awards and honours
- In 2017 he was presented with the Sports Medal of Honour by the General Administration of Sport of China. (sport.gov.cn, 04 Jan 2017)
In 2011 he was named an Elite Athlete of National Class by the General Administration of Sport of China. (51wf, 17 Oct 2011)
- To win a gold medal at the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo. (k.sina.com.cn, 30 Mar 2018)
Actual news More news »
- 2019 IWF World Championships opens in Pattaya September 18, 2019
- Turkish winner announced in W45 September 18, 2019
- OM Yun Chol is World Champion for the fifth time! September 18, 2019
- Independent Member Federations Sanctions Panel decision on Egyptian Weightlifting Federation September 18, 2019
- IWF Congress concludes ahead of record-breaking IWF World Championships September 17, 2019