- Further Personal Information
- Beijing, CHN
- Sport Specific Information
- When and where did you begin this sport?
- He took up the sport in 2004 in Changyang, People's Republic of China.
- Why this sport?
- He was selected by coach Liu Jinyang to try the sport at Changyang Amateur Physical School in the People's Republic of China.
- Club / Team
- Hubei Province: China
- Name of coach
- Yu Jie [national], CHN
- General Interest
- Memorable sporting achievement
- Winning silver in the 85kg category at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. (sports.qq.com, 17 Apr 2017)
- Most influential person in career
- His parents, and coach Yu Jie. (cnhubei.com, 26 Sep 2014)
- He suffered a shoulder injury at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. (hbsport.gov.cn, 13 Aug 2016)
He injured his elbow at the 2012 National Championships in Fuzhou, People's Republic of China. (allthingsgym.com, 03 Jul 2016; sohu.com, 11 Sep 2013; sohu.com, 11 Apr 2012)
- Awards and honours
- In 2017 he was presented with the Sports Medal of Honour by the General Administration of Sport of China. (sport.gov.cn, 04 Jan 2017)
In 2011 he was named an Elite Athlete of National Class by the General Administration of Sport of China. (51wf, 17 Oct 2011)
- To win a gold medal at the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo. (dangyang.ccoo.cn, 14 Aug 2016)
Actual news More news »
- The competition regulation of the 2019 IWF Junior World Championships is up February 21, 2019
- MIRABAI Chanu Saikhom vows to touch 210 kg mark before Tokyo 2020 Games February 14, 2019
- Get to know… Hidilyn Diaz February 12, 2019
- Constitutional Working Group’s 2nd meeting February 12, 2019
- Talakhadze and Valentin are Best for 2018 again February 11, 2019