Anna Van Bellinghen
- Further Personal Information
- Ohain, BEL
- Athlete, Coach, Student
- English, French, Russian
- Higher education
- Translation/interpretation - Higher Institute of Translators and Interpreters [ISTI]: Belgium
- Sport Specific Information
- When and where did you begin this sport?
- She began weightlifting in 2011.
- Why this sport?
- She was involved in athletics [shot put] before switching to weightlifting.
- Club / Team
- La Vaillante Saint-Quentin: France
- Name of coach
- Tom Goegebuer
- General Interest
- Sporting philosophy / motto
- "Once you are under the spell of weightlifting you will not let go. It is contagious." (bruzz.be, 15 Jul 2017)
- To compete at the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo. (olympic.be, 13 Apr 2019)
- Other information
- CLUB FOUNDER
She, her mother and two friends co-founded the Brussels Weightlifting School [BWS] in Belgium, where she also works as head coach. "I like to pass on [my experience] to young people who unfortunately start too late. Often they are already aged 18. There are far too many prejudices about weightlifting, especially in girls, and I want to suppress that taboo through serious guidance." (Facebook profile, 12 Apr 2019; bruzz.be, 15 Jul 2017)
She has taken a course in Russian language studies at Moscow State Linguistic University in the Russian Federation. (Facebook profile, 31 Aug 2019; bruzz.be, 15 Jul 2017)