- Further Personal Information
- Sport Specific Information
- When and where did you begin this sport?
- He took up weightlifting in 2003, when he was in primary school in Haining, People's Republic of China.
- Why this sport?
- At age 13 he was scouted by coach Zhou Jianchi from the Haining City Youth Sports School, who thought he had the right physique for the sport.
- Club / Team
- Zhejiang Province: China
- Name of coach
- Yu Jie [national], CHN
- General Interest
- Guodong ['Jelly']. (zj.zjol.com.cn, 11 Aug 2016)
- Hero / Idol
- Chinese weightlifters Liao Hui and Lu Xiaojun. (jingji.sports.cn, 17 Aug 2015)
- An injury forced him to withdraw part-way through competition at the 2018 World Championships in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan. (sports.online.sh.cn, 05 Nov 2018)
A knee injury meant he missed out on the qualification requirements for the 2016 Olympic Games. (zj.zjol.com.cn, 13 Mar 2017)
- Awards and honours
- In 2019 he was named one of the Top Ten Athletes of Haining, People's Republic of China. (zj.zjol.com.cn, 05 Aug 2019)
In 2015 he was named an Elite Athlete of International Class by the General Administration of Sport of China. (sport.gov.cn, 01 Feb 2016)
- To compete at the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo, as well as other major international tournaments. (sports.sina.com.cn, 13 Sep 2018; item.btime.com, 02 Jan 2018)
Actual news More news »
- IWF Webinar for International Technical Officials (ITOs) August 7, 2020
- Call for Nominations to the IWF Anti-Doping Commission (ADC) August 5, 2020
- Eleiko Email International Lifters Tournament July 31, 2020
- The Pan American Weightlifting Federation – Hall of Fame 2020 July 28, 2020
- The IOC, the IPC and Airbnb announce summer festival of Olympian & Paralympian Online Experiences July 24, 2020