Eileen Floanna Maria Cikamatana
- Further Personal Information
- English, Fijian
- Sport Specific Information
- When and where did you begin this sport?
- She began weightlifting after she finished primary school. Until that point her parents had told her that she was too young.
- Why this sport?
- She thought weightlifting was interesting and different to other sports she had tried. She also enjoyed the training.
- General Interest
- Baby Beast, Kumi Fro, Leen (Facebook profile, 26 Oct 2017)
- Most influential person in career
- Her parents. (onoc.org.fj, 24 Sep 2017)
- Other information
- FIJI TO AUSTRALIA
In February 2019 she was awarded permanent residency status in Australia. She intends to compete for Australia in international competition when she becomes eligible in 2021. The move from Fiji was the result of a lengthy dispute over coaching with Weightlifting Fiji. "The Commonwealth Games in 2022, the world championships - I've got the whole world in front of me. I'm still young and I still have a long way to go and a big ladder to climb up so no matter how long, if I miss this Olympics [Tokyo 2020] there's a next one in 2024 - it's not like it's the end of the world where I'll miss everything." (fbcnews.com.fj, 26 Feb 2019)
Actual news More news »
- Weightlifting: What’s Old Is New Again as a 2020 Trend February 24, 2020
- Pan American Weightlifting Federation Electoral Congress February 23, 2020
- Coaching and Anti-Doping Seminar in Tashkent February 21, 2020
- IWF 2019 LIFTER OF THE YEAR – AMERICAN AND GEORGIAN WINNERS February 20, 2020
- A fruitful Asian Youth and Junior Championships in Tashkent, UZB February 19, 2020