- Further Personal Information
- Sport Specific Information
- When and where did you begin this sport?
- She began weightlifting in 2013.
- Why this sport?
- Weightlifting coach Yasin Aydin encouraged her to start weightlifting because he thought her physique was suitable for the sport. "I was playing football with my friends by the side of the gym. Trainer Yasin Aydin came to me and asked me to try weightlifting. I went to the gym for a day or two. Later my father convinced me to try the sport, saying that they were with me."
- Name of coach
- Yasin Aydin [national]
- General Interest
- Memorable sporting achievement
- Winning two gold medals at the 2017 World Youth Championships in Bangkok, Thailand. (haberturk.com, 08 Mar 2018)
- To win gold at the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo. (haberler.com, 21 Jul 2018)
- Other information
- IDENTIFYING TALENT
Coach Yasin Aydin said he recognised her potential from the moment he first saw her. "I saw Nuray playing football and I was enchanted by the way she kicked the ball. I liked it. I realised that the country had got such a fine athlete. We went to her house and convinced her. We have gained a good talent. Hopefully the future is good." (haberler.com, 21 Jul 2018)
Actual news More news »
- Roma 2020 starts today! January 27, 2020
- IWF-IOC Solidarity coaching course in Albania January 24, 2020
- IWF Acts Decisively to Restore Reputation January 23, 2020
- Iranian refugee given £90 to find skill opens Olympic-level weightlifting club January 20, 2020
- Download the WADA Athlete Central application January 16, 2020