Forrester Christopher Osei
- Further Personal Information
- London, ENG
- Athlete, Coach
- Higher education
- Aerospace Engineering - University of Hertfordshire: England
- Sport Specific Information
- When and where did you begin this sport?
- He took up weightlifting in about 2014.
- Why this sport?
- "Prior to weightlifting I played American football for eight years at club and college level, and developed a willpower in training. The transition to Olympic weightlifting came naturally as I already had sporting discipline as well as the high physical and mental aptitude demanded by the sport. I was also accustomed to rigorous training, tough competition, and had the physical attributes necessary to become a successful Olympic weightlifter."
- Club / Team
- Crystal Palace Weightlifting Club: London, ENG
- Name of coach
- Kyle Pierce [national], USA; Nii Otoo Larkyne [national], GHA
- Training Regime
- He trains at the local weightlifting club within Brixton Recreation Centre in London, England.
- International Debut
- Competing for
- All Africa Games
- Brazzaville, CGO
- General Interest
- Sporting philosophy / motto
- "He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life." [US boxer Muhammad Ali] (Facebook page, 30 Oct 2017)
- Other sports
- He has played American football at club level in England, and had a trial as a walk-on for West Virginia University in United States of America. (pledgesports.org, Nov 2015)
- To compete at the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo. (lambeth.gov.uk, 05 Jun 2019)
- Other information
- OTHER EDUCATION
He studied a degree in biomedical sciences at Lambeth College in England, and a degree in aerospace engineering and sport science at West Virginia University in Morgantown, WV, United States of America. (LinkedIn profile, Jul 2016)
FROM GHANA TO ENGLAND
Born in London, England, he lived in Ghana until age 16, when he returned to England. (gofundme.com, 06 Apr 2019)
Actual news More news »
- Roma 2020 starts today! January 27, 2020
- IWF-IOC Solidarity coaching course in Albania January 24, 2020
- IWF Acts Decisively to Restore Reputation January 23, 2020
- Iranian refugee given £90 to find skill opens Olympic-level weightlifting club January 20, 2020
- Download the WADA Athlete Central application January 16, 2020