- Further Personal Information
- Sport Specific Information
- When and where did you begin this sport?
- He began weightlifting in 2002.
- Why this sport?
- He played football as a youngster, before getting involved in weightlifting through his brother Amar. "He urged me to take up weightlifting. If I had not tried it, I would probably still be playing football."
- Club / Team
- KDU Kastela: Croatia
- Name of coach
- Bosko Cavka [national], CRO
- General Interest
- A hip injury prevented him from competing at the 2016 European Championships in Forde, Norway. (slobodnadalmacija.hr, 21 Apr 2017)
- Famous relatives
- His older brother Amar has represented Croatia in weightlifting, including at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro and 2018 World Championships in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan. (SportsDeskOnline, 05 Sep 2019; slobodnadalmacija.hr, 27 Sep 2007)
- Other information
- MOVE TO CROATIA
He was born in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and spent his early years there. He moved to Croatia together with his family in 1995, firstly to Split and then to Kastel Sucurac. (slobodnadalmacija.hr, 27 Sep 2007)
Actual news More news »
- Weightlifting mourns the loss of John Lear June 29, 2020
- Update On June IWF Activity June 26, 2020
- Olympian Mohammed Yaseen Mohammed passed away at the age of 57 June 26, 2020
- Anti-Doping Webinar June 24, 2020
- McLaren Findings And IOC Support Driving Reform Process At International Weightlifting Federation June 11, 2020