- Further Personal Information
- Higher education
- Coaching - Taiwan Sport University: Taoyuan, TPE
- Sport Specific Information
- When and where did you begin this sport?
- She took up the sport in 2004 in Kaohsiung, Chinese Taipei.
- Why this sport?
- She was part of the basketball team in her first year at junior high school. The weightlifting coach thought she had potential as a weightlifter and encouraged her to take up the sport.
- General Interest
- Hsu Bangbang (Facebook profile, 04 Jun 2018)
- Memorable sporting achievement
- Winning gold in the 53kg category at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. (appledaily.com.tw, 08 Aug 2016)
- Injury meant she missed the 2017 World University Games in Taipei, Chinese Taipei. (taiwannews.com.tw, 20 Nov 2017)
- Sporting philosophy / motto
- "Try my best, best and best." (appledaily.com.tw, 08 Aug 2016)
- Awards and honours
- She was named the 2015 Female Lifter of the Year by the International Weightlifting Federation [IWF]. (iwf.net, Feb 2016)
- Other information
In June 2018 she announced her retirement from the sport due to a long-standing knee injury. In a statement she revealed she would continue to work as an assistant to weightlifting coaches at the Sports Training Center in Kaohsiung, Chinese Taipei. (udn.com, 03 Jun 2018)
CHINESE TAIPEI FIRST
In 2014 she became the first female weightlifter representing Chinese Taipei to win a gold medal at the Asian Games when she was victorious in the 53kg category in Incheon, Republic of Korea. (ey.gov.tw, 22 Sep 2014; SportsDeskOnline, 21 Sep 2014)
She has studied at Kaohsiung Medical University in Chinese Taipei. (Facebook profile, 04 Jun 2018)
Actual news More news »
- IWF Webinar for International Technical Officials (ITOs) August 7, 2020
- Call for Nominations to the IWF Anti-Doping Commission (ADC) August 5, 2020
- Eleiko Email International Lifters Tournament July 31, 2020
- The Pan American Weightlifting Federation – Hall of Fame 2020 July 28, 2020
- The IOC, the IPC and Airbnb announce summer festival of Olympian & Paralympian Online Experiences July 24, 2020