- Further Personal Information
- English, Turkish
- Higher education
- Physical Education - Dumlupinar University: Kutahya, TUR
- Sport Specific Information
- When and where did you begin this sport?
- He began going to the gym in 2005 following encouragement from his family. He then began weightlifting after meeting trainer Selim Savas.
- Why this sport?
- He began weightlifting in order to contribute more to his family. "At a young age, I had financial and spiritual family problems. I went to school in the morning to contribute to my family's livelihood, and in the afternoon I was a shoe shiner. I would go to the barbell hall in the evenings where coach Selim Savas discovered me. I started weightlifting with his support."
- Club / Team
- Egitim Gucu Spor Kulubu: Sanliurfa, TUR
- Name of coach
- Seda Arat [club]
- General Interest
- To compete at the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo. (medyaege.com.tr, 20 Jan 2018)
- Other information
He qualified to compete at the 2012 Olympic Games in London, but was removed from the Turkish team on the eve of the Games after failing a doping test. He served a two-year ban before returning to sport in July 2014. (iwf.net, 23 Jul 2014; espn.go.com, 27 Jul 2012)
Actual news More news »
- Dakar 2022 Youth Olympic Games to Feature Historic Increase in Weightlifting December 12, 2019
- DEADLINE REMINDER FOR 2020 IWF JWC PRELIMINARY ENTRIES/WHEREABOUTS INFO December 11, 2019
- SHI Zhiyong set a new World Record at first day of IWF World Cup December 11, 2019
- IWF and ITA representatives discussed plans for the future December 9, 2019
- Executive Board makes further progress towards clean weightlifting December 5, 2019