- Further Personal Information
- Solnechnodolsk, RUS
- Sport Specific Information
- When and where did you begin this sport?
- He began weightlifting at age 10 in Bolshoy Kamen, Russian Federation.
- Why this sport?
- His father introduced him to the sport and became his first coach.
- Club / Team
- Central Sports Army Club [CSKA]: Russia
- Name of coach
- Isak Bedzhanyan [father], RUS; Vladimir Kniga [personal], RUS, from 2009
- General Interest
- Reading books, listening to music. (wodloft.ru, 19 Jan 2015)
- He suffered a lower limb injury during a snatch attempt at the 2018 national championships in Rostov-na-Donu, Russian Federation, and could not complete the competition. (tass.ru, 09 Sep 2018)
He suffered a knee injury at the 2014 World Championships in Almaty, Kazakhstan. (wodloft.ru, 19 Jan 2015)
He sustained an elbow injury at the 2012 President's Cup in St. Petersburg, Russia. (wodloft.ru, 19 Jan 2015)
- Sporting philosophy / motto
- "I believe that each weightlifter has only one opponent - the barbell. You lift it and you are a champion. You don't lift and you are not." (allthingsgym.com, 12 Feb 2015)
- Awards and honours
- He holds the title of Honoured Master of Sport in the Russian Federation. (minsport.gov.ru, 20 Dec 2017)
- Other information
- HIGHER EDUCATION
He is studying for a second degree at the Kuban State University of Physical Education, Sport and Tourism in Russia. (allthingsgym.com, 12 Feb 2015)
Actual news More news »
- Pan American Weightlifting Federation Electoral Congress February 23, 2020
- Coaching and Anti-Doping Seminar in Tashkent February 21, 2020
- IWF 2019 LIFTER OF THE YEAR – AMERICAN AND GEORGIAN WINNERS February 20, 2020
- A fruitful Asian Youth and Junior Championships in Tashkent, UZB February 19, 2020
- 5th International Fajr Cup February 18, 2020