Yusleidy Mariana Figueroa Roldan
- Further Personal Information
- Higher education
- Nursing - National Experimental University of the Armed Forces [UNEFA]: Venezuela
- Sport Specific Information
- When and where did you begin this sport?
- She took up the sport at age 12.
- Why this sport?
- An athletics coach advised her to switch to weightlifting. "At first I did not like it. I didn't feel comfortable but I kept practising. It all changed when I went to an U12 to U15 Pan American championship in Mexico. I won and was named the most outstanding athlete."
- Club / Team
- Distrito Capital [DC]: Venezuela
- General Interest
- Memorable sporting achievement
- Winning a medal at the U12 national championships in Venezuela when she was age 11, and competing at the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. (noticiasvideos1.com, 08 Jun 2017, 24 May 2017)
- Awards and honours
- She took part in the torch relay for the 2017 Bolivarian Games in Santa Marta, Colombia. She was a torch bearer in Caracas, Venezuela. (noticias24.com, 29 Oct 2017)
She was presented with the 2014 Athlete of the Year Award by the Venezuelan government. (rnv.gov.ve, 20 Apr 2015)
She was named the 2014 Best Athlete in Caracas, Venezuela. (genciacn.com, 29 Apr 2015)
- To compete at the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo. (noticiasvideos1.com, 24 May 2017)
- Other information
- STUDIES ON HOLD
She has decided to put her nursing studies on hold in order to prepare for the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo. (noticiasvideos1.com, 08 Jun 2017)
Actual news More news »
- IWF-IOC Solidarity coaching course in Albania January 24, 2020
- IWF Acts Decisively to Restore Reputation January 23, 2020
- Iranian refugee given £90 to find skill opens Olympic-level weightlifting club January 20, 2020
- Download the WADA Athlete Central application January 16, 2020
- IWF General Secretary visits Budapest office January 16, 2020