- Further Personal Information
- Kaohsiung, TPE
- Sport Specific Information
- When and where did you begin this sport?
- He took up the sport in 2007.
- Why this sport?
- He saw his classmates were receiving prize money for sporting achievements so he decided to begin competing in weightlifting to help provide money for his family.
- Club / Team
- Kaohsiung: Chinese Taipei
- Name of coach
- Tsai Wen-Yee [national], TPE; Wu Ming-Tung, TPE
- General Interest
- To win the medal at the 2018 Asian Games in Indonesia. (udn.com, 28 Apr 2018)
- Other information
He dedicated his bronze medal in the 62kg category at the 2017 World University Games in Taipei, Chinese Taipei, to his father, who had died a week before the event. "At school, my father always told me to stop training weightlifting. I always sneaked out to the training room, and I never told my trainer that my family was against it, but since I started winning medals he gradually began to approve." (englishnews.ftv.com.tw, 21 Aug 2017)
He has studied for a master's degree in leisure and sports management at Cheng Shiu University in Chinese Taipei. (Facebook profile, 10 Jun 2018; sportsplanetmag.com, 20 Aug 2017)
Actual news More news »
- Japan swipes gold medals on the first day of FISU World Championships September 21, 2018
- National Championships of the Republic of Belarus in memory of Alexander Kurlovich September 21, 2018
- Watch the FISU University World Championships LIVE! September 20, 2018
- Get to know… Fernando Reis September 19, 2018
- Imagen video management platform selected by International Weightlifting Federation September 18, 2018