- Further Personal Information
- Kaohsiung, TPE
- Higher education
- Sport Studies - Chang Jung Christian University: Tainan, TPE
- Sport Specific Information
- When and where did you begin this sport?
- He took up the sport in 2007.
- Why this sport?
- He saw his classmates were receiving prize money for sporting achievements so he decided to begin competing in weightlifting to help provide money for his family.
- Club / Team
- Cheng Shiu University: Chinese Taipei
- Name of coach
- Wu Ming-Tung [club], TPE
- General Interest
- To compete at the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo. (chinatimes.com, 24 Aug 2018)
- Other information
He dedicated his bronze medal in the 62kg category at the 2017 World University Games in Taipei, Chinese Taipei, to his father, who had died a week before the event. "At school, my father always told me to stop training weightlifting. I always sneaked out to the training room, and I never told my trainer that my family was against it, but since I started winning medals he gradually began to approve." (englishnews.ftv.com.tw, 21 Aug 2017)
He has studied for a master's degree in leisure and sports management at Cheng Shiu University in Chinese Taipei. (Facebook profile, 10 Jun 2018; sportsplanetmag.com, 20 Aug 2017)
Actual news More news »
- Weightlifting Fiji elects Della Shaw-Elder as its new President June 2, 2020
- Seminar on how to live in times of coronavirus May 31, 2020
- IOC Approves Revised Weightlifting Olympic Qualification System For Tokyo 2020 May 29, 2020
- 2020 FISU World University Championships publishes Bulletin with info May 25, 2020
- Tonga is mourning the death of Maamaloa Lolohea May 25, 2020