Gladis Guadalupe Bueno Placencia
- Further Personal Information
- Tepic, MEX
- Athlete, Student
- Higher education
- Sport Studies - Autonomous University of Nuevo Leon: Mexico
- Sport Specific Information
- When and where did you begin this sport?
- She began weightlifting in 2005.
- Why this sport?
- Her brother Oscar, a national junior champion in weightlifting, convinced her to try the sport.
- Club / Team
- Universidad Autonoma de Coahuila: Mexico
- Name of coach
- Barbaro Lopez Olive [club], CUB
- Training Regime
- She trains twice a day, for a total of up to five hours.
- General Interest
- Sporting philosophy / motto
- "Dreams die in a place called fear." (Facebook profile, 15 Aug 2019)
- Awards and honours
- In 2018 she received the Sports Achievement Award from the Autonomous University of Coahuila in Mexico, at an awards night honouring the female members of the university. (oficinadeprensa.uadec.mx, 21 Aug 2018)
She received a special award from the Coahuila state government in Mexico after winning three bronze medals at the 2016 World University Championships in Merida, Mexico. (periodicolavoz.com.mx, 06 Dec 2016)
In 2007 and 2013 she was presented with a Sports Award by the state of Nayarit in Mexico. (eldeportevive.mx, 23 Nov 2015; elsoldenayarit.mx, 12 Mar 2014)
- Famous relatives
- Her brother Oscar has competed in weightlifting and is a former national junior champion in Mexico. (caribemayamarketing.com, 18 Oct 2013)
- Other information
She was banned for two years between June 2014 and June 2016 after testing positive for the banned substance boldenone. (IWF, 2018; elpuntero.com.mx, 02 Jul 2017; nayaritenlinea.mx, 07 Dec 2014)
She has studied administration through the distance learning programme at the Autonomous University of Coahuila in Mexico. (eldiariodecoahuila.com.mx, 31 Jan 2018)
Actual news More news »
- DEADLINE REMINDER FOR 2020 IWF JWC PRELIMINARY ENTRIES/WHEREABOUTS INFO December 11, 2019
- SHI Zhiyong set a new World Record at first day of IWF World Cup December 11, 2019
- IWF and ITA representatives discussed plans for the future December 9, 2019
- Executive Board makes further progress towards clean weightlifting December 5, 2019
- Issue 149 of WORLD WEIGHTLIFTING is published December 5, 2019