- Further Personal Information
- Wife Yoon Jin-Hee, daughters Ra-Im and Ra-Yul
- Higher education
- Physical Education - Korea National Sport University: Seoul, KOR
- Sport Specific Information
- When and where did you begin this sport?
- He began weightlifting at age 14.
- Why this sport?
- His high school physical education teacher suggested he take up weightlifting.
- Club / Team
- Ulsan Metropolitan City Hall: Korea
- Name of coach
- Seo Young-Sik [club], KOR: Jeon Sang-Seok [national], KOR; Kim Dong-Hyun [national], KOR
- International Debut
- Competing for
- General Interest
- Most influential person in career
- His family. (Athlete, 29 Jul 2016)
- Hero / Idol
- His wife Yoon Jin-Hee. (Athlete, 29 Jul 2016)
- He suffered injuries to both calf muscles while he was trying the snatch lift at the 2018 Asian Games in Indonesia. (yna.co.kr, 22 Aug 2018)
He sustained an injury to his calf muscle at the 2014 Asian Games in Incheon, Republic of Korea, and underwent surgery after the event. (sportsseoul.com, 11 Aug 2016; Athlete, 29 Jul 2016)
In 2012 he sustained a knee injury. (asiaone.co.kr, 02 Feb 2014)
- Sporting philosophy / motto
- "Do my best, and be passionate." (Athlete, 29 Jul 2016)
- Awards and honours
- In 2017 and 2018 he was presented with the Best Male Weightlifter Award by the Korea Weightlifting Federation. (ksilbo.co.kr, 29 Jan 2018; imnews.imbc.com, 31 Jan 2019)
In 2018 he received the Best Athlete Award in the competition category at the Korean Sport and Olympic Committee Athletics Awards. (sportalkorea.com, 27 Feb 2018)
In 2013 he was given an Excellence Award by the Korea Weightlifting Federation. (newsis.com, 14 Jan 2014)
- Famous relatives
- His wife Yoon Jin-Hee has represented Republic of Korea in weightlifting. In the women's 53kg she won a silver medal at the 2008 Olympic Games and a bronze medal at the 2016 Olympic Games. (asiaone.co.kr, 02 Feb 2014; joongboo.com, 19 Apr 2016; news.khan.co.kr, 08 Aug 2016)
- To compete with his wife at the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo. (news1.kr, 10 Aug 2016; munhwa.com, 27 Jul 2018)